Arena Azeroth Arena Tournament

maddriver

Reaction score
arenatournamentlogojb2.jpg
The Azeroth Arena Tournament is a team-based arena map. It features 9 unique arenas, each with it's own layout and gameplay. Arenas are built in order to offer both teams numerous tactic possibilities, this because their unique layout offers from high grounds, ramps to kiting/hiding places and so on.

This map wants to bring a new WarCraft III pvp experience in a team-based arena game. Until now there have been created 30 heroes and over 80 spells.

Each team has it's own base, from where players can purchase items. Speaking of items...there are no super-items here ( at least until now ). This because I didn't want to give rich players too many advantages. But normal items ( +str, +regen, +int, +agi etc. ) have been added to the shops. Maybe in future versions there will be some recipe items added, but I'm not sure.

Now for the gameplay...there are 2 teams. Each team can have max 5 players ( there are 2 spectator slots ). Each player can choose one hero. Once the hero is choosen, the player is teleported to his team base where he can purchase items. From the start of the map, players have 3 minutes available to prepare themselves for the first arena battle. The battle starts by teleporting players to their team starting places in that arena. 10 seconds and the battle beginns.
When all enemy players have been killed, the round ends and players are teleported again to their team base. The winning team recives 1 Team Point.
After 2 minutes from when the previous arena has ended, a new arena starts and the above steps are followed until the final arena in the Tournament ends.
The winning team of the map is decided by which team has more Team Points.

The gameplay itself may sound simple. What makes this map special are the hero combinations choosen by each team and tactics for each arena which give each round played an unique feeling.
Also players will have to choose what spell build will suit their needs. As level cap is 10 and spells/hero are going much further players will be able to choose which spells to learn, which to upgrade and so on.

Heroes are divided into 5 classes:
-Tanks
-Ranged
-Casters
-Healers/support
-Hybrids

Players can read the Quest Tab for all map information they need ( including a mini-guide for all arenas )

Gold constants

+250 start gold for all players
+250 gold for winning an arena round
+100 gold for loosing an arena round
+50 gold per enemy hero killed
-100 gold for repicking a hero
Suggestions are always welcome and greatly appreciated.

Map trailer:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EDpcFFa4PLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EDpcFFa4PLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Download links:
EpicWar
HiveWorkshop
TheHelper
ClanCBS
IncGamers
Warcraft3.FileFront

Homepage: www.maddriver.ipbfree.com

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, the spells all look like plain old, melee spells with perhaps a few changed effects. :D

I'll try it out.

maddriver

Reaction score
Well, the spells all look like plain old, melee spells with perhaps a few changed effects. :D

Most of them are...some values changed also. Still there is a difference between them.
I didn't wanted to make dota-style spells ( if may called so ), because that would give certain heroes an advantage against others and i didn't want that to happen.
The difference here is made by the so-called free spell choice ( more spells than max hero level ) so that should bring some diversity, along with different tactics used by teams in arenas and, of course, player's skills. Hero combos also play an important role. Simple easy-to-use spells make the gameplay more alert than usual. What's more, here there are specialized heroes ( tanks, healers, casters, ranged ) and just a few hybrids, so each hero has he's own role.
I had worked more on the general gameplay features, because in my opinion they are most important.
What makes the gameplay more spectacular, in spite of the spells, is the fact that spells don't cost much mana, mana/hp potions are cheap, so they will be used frequently giving a more dynamic gameplay and one round can last very long if teams know what they are doing.
The map general gameplay must be easy to learn. Skills and knowledge comes in time.
In the future i will implement more arenas ( i already have some ideeas ) and add/change some spells.
Balancing fixes will occur if feedback is submited ( i don't have much time to test all balance factors )

I'll try it out.
:)
if you want to see how things go after the first arena you will need at least one human opponent so that the triggers activate.
still you will be able to iseedeadpeople and scout the landscape.

maddriver

Reaction score
version 1.1

After recieving some feedback on my e-mail, I decided to make a quick update of the map, an update which brings lots of new things and some fixed triggers from the first version.

1.1 version notes:
- added 4 arenas ( Graveyard, Swamp, Ruins and Abyss )
- added more information in the Quest tab
- added the -repick command
- greatly improved terrain for each of the nine arenas
- made some small balance fixes
- fixed various bugs
- fixed some triggers
- worked on crowd control (cc) spells ( eg. polymorph, sleep, cyclone or hex )

Hope you enjoy this version more than the first one, as it brings this map closer to what it should be and i would like to thank all who have sent or will send feedback.

I made some small screenshots of the improved arenas. In-game I cannot take screenshots of a large area, so I could only take pictures of small areas of each arena.

Forest Arena

Ancient Arena

City Arena

Mountain Arena

Temple Arena

Graveyard Arena

Swamp Arena

Ruins Arena

Abyss Arena

Download links: (Latest Version)
EpicWar
HiveWorkshop
TheHelper
ClanCBS
IncGamers

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't get to try it yet cuz waiting for computer with WC. :)

But I suggest making more custom skills, or at least making the effect look totally different than how it should be, so people think it's a new spell. SOME melee spells are cool, but the overused ones like an uber Storm-Bolt/Fire-Bolt replaced with another "bolt" gets boring.

maddriver

Reaction score
It will be done :)
Until then i must make sure the gameplay triggers work 100%. This will happen at least to the earlier versions. After I make sure the map is fully playable ( maybe it is right now, but i need confirmation and to chek it out ) I can start adding lots of extra content ( spells etc. )

maddriver

Reaction score
v 1.2

Hello again. I'm sorry for the long inactivity period, but there was so little time to work on the map. I have assured all who have sent mails with questions about whether this project is dead or not, that the map development will continue, and that there will be a new version coming soon.
Before i post about the new version, I want to assure all those who have sent mails with feedback and suggestions, that I read all of them and thank them for the effort of helping this project.

The new 1.2 version will hopefully fix all the previous trigger malfunctions.
Changelog v1.2:
Code:
- improved map performance
- improved triggers
- removed useless trigger codes
- new wisp spawn system
- fixed variables
- improved stability
- fixed various bugs
- various gameplay balances

I am well aware that the previous versions had some problems, but in this version they should be fixed.
Even though, I will appreciate if you will continue to send suggestions and report bugs.

Download links: (Latest Version)
EpicWar
HiveWorkshop
TheHelper
ClanCBS
IncGamers

maddriver

Reaction score
v1.3

This new version is like a "reborn" of the map. Actually a lot have changed, starting from game interface and ending with minor variables.
This map update is so big because there have been many e-mails, requesting some specific updates.
So what does this new version bring?

Code:
- added new gameplay modes
- added the FAQ and Game Modes tabs
- improved triggers
- new loading screen
- lowered item cost
- worked on item cooldown and item cost
- added a timer
- worked on spell tooltips and shortcuts
- fixed variables
- improved stability
- fixed various bugs
- various gameplay balances

A new version is on the way, but probably it won't go live in the next weeks, because it will bring even more features ( maybe a CTF mode, item recipies, new spells etc. ). Hope you enjoy this one until then.

Again, I am glad to see the interest players show for this map and I would like to thank all those who have sent feedback.

Download links :
EpicWar
HiveWorkshop
TheHelper
ClanCBS
IncGamers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.