Bad Bug; need help finding a solution

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Ban, please read the thread before posting a solution. Make enemies flyers?

Zaraf

Reaction score
Actually, there are some levels that have flying enemies....which will be harder since they can move over the terrain obstacles.

Romek's solution works for me though. At the very least, I found a way to detect when the enemies are stopping. That was the first step. The second step will involve making them ignore the builder and go back to their pathing.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Are you using a visibility modifier for All players?

If so, I'd remove it from enemies, that way if they can't see you for too long they'll just stop or even go away.

Zaraf

Reaction score
Are you using a visibility modifier for All players?

If so, I'd remove it from enemies, that way if they can't see you for too long they'll just stop or even go away.

Actually, that's an interesting idea....could you please elaborate on that and how it works? The enabling/disabling visibility modifiers. I'm not sure if I'm using it or not. But right now, all players are able to see the entire map (other player areas too).

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Post the trigger in which you make them able to see the whole map please.

Zaraf

Reaction score
Well, I just have a:

Visibility - Disable fog of war
Visibility - Disable black mask

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You could try a different um... 'method'.
Guess that your map has rounds, right before the creep(s) spawn, 'reset' the builder's position. Move it to somewhere where it can't be locked in (like creep spawn area) and give it 5 seconds to run around and get to a safe place.
The problem might be that it just builds something to look itself in the 5 seconds, in that case you could replace the builder with a runner, separately?
But apparently that's not what you want.
Try removing the build ability, then adding when they kill creep.

Another possible solution. Create a runner creep. If the runner creep can't reach/attack* the builder, order the Creep to return or move somewhere else.

*preferably set the dmg of the Creep Runner to 1, then with triggers, Add the damage delt back to the builders health, so it doesn't really do dmg.

Not sure if what i posted is understandable lol

Zaraf

Reaction score
Thanks for your ideas, but they wouldn't really work in my case. Since the builders have escape abilities they could use to "enter" and "exit" a blocked off area at any time (as long as their ability is cooled down enough.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.