Baldur's Gate

drak_dragon

Reaction score
I love this game so much. I played it for a long time. Wonder though, if i remember right there is a multiplayer mode, how does that work? does one person play as the lead character or something? I'm contemplating playing from start to finish of the entire series again with a couple of people, but I am unsure of how multiplayer would work. It could be fun, I suppose. Anyone interested in a playthrough?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the players is the lead character. The others follow.

drak_dragon

Reaction score
if a break were to be called, we could all pick up the same game again later id assume. But, if we were to continue on and one of us were not able to join, could we still continue the game, and have him hop in later?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you simply kick him out of the game and continue playing, as long as the main character is always playing. Be wary that the main character must always be in the game.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
if a break were to be called, we could all pick up the same game again later id assume. But, if we were to continue on and one of us were not able to join, could we still continue the game, and have him hop in later?

Yes, You would load the save game as the lead character. Then you would be allowed to assign out the characters to other players. So if someone left, you would assume control of their character, and could return control when they returned to the game.

Baldur's Gate 1&2 and Icewind Dale 1&2 are among my favorite games. :thup: Have fun.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I've actually never played Baldur's Gate before, even though I've heard tons about it...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Used to play the first one I believe with my bro years ago... we've been stuck at the last boss since then. Never able to beat it, ha.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

drak_dragon

Reaction score
you mean sarevok right? buff up, and try to have imoen sneak around and get a free hit in instead, and then run in and blast him all to hell with as many direct damage spells and attacks as possible. the ghey cloudkill/stinking cloud cheap traps are annoying as hell, but if you can fight him from a distance it shouldnt be too much of an issue. I'd say make sure you have plenty of healing available, and abuse the hell out of oils of speed.

also note - summon monster worked really well for me, had a huge army going into him, soaking up a lot of hits. iirc cloudkill though was the only big setback on that, but even then it gives you a little time to work with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.