"Banshee's Veil" (League of Legends)

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
League of Legends has an Item "Banshee's Veil" which is basically Amulet of Spell Shield in WC3... it blocks an incoming enemy spell every X seconds.

What is *cool* about it, is that when it is active, it displays the buff (a sphere around you) and then when it is on cooldown, the sphere is gone.

Has anyone ever made something like this? Basically, a visual buff that displays to inform players of something, and then taking away the visual upon the actual spell (Spell Shield) being activated/used.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how they make it, but I've got a pretty complicated way to do it.

So basically you create an item with a cooldown. A shared cooldown with another castable item. That's just a dummy item in other words. Okay so when the person gets the item, you can add the unit to a group, create a dummy unit and order it to cast spell shield on your unit. Create another trigger, when a spell is casted on the unit in the unit group, remove the buffs of the casted spell AND the spell shield. Give another item to the hero, which has shared cooldown with the item you want, and order the hero to cast it, and then remove the item. So the cooldown is gone. Then create a timer, which creates a dummy that casts spell shield on the unit again, after the cooldown. Very complicated =/

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Swapping items is a good idea!! - but no need to do the dummy-cast.. I'll just give the item a passive aura that has an interesting looking buff!

rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.