Spell Barrage of the Forsaken

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Spell: Barrage of the Forsaken
Coding: GUI
MUI/MPI: No
Leakless: I do believe so. Correct me if I am wrong.

Description:
The hero fires an arrow at the target point, an arrow bewitched with the souls of the forsaken. This arrow upon impact with the ground releases these souls, sending them outwards. These souls then split into a larger series of souls emitting outward as well.

Screen Shot:
Barrage.jpg

Code:
Trigger:
  • Barrage of the Forsaken
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Barrage of the Forsaken
    • Actions
      • Set QuiverCaster = (Casting unit)
      • Set QuiverPt = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set QuiverPoint[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Countdown Timer - Start QTimer[0] as a One-shot timer that will expire in ((Distance between QuiverPt and QuiverPoint[0]) / 1200.00) seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_QuiverPoint[0])
Trigger:
  • First Barrage
    • Events
      • Time - QTimer[0] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start QTimer[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in (928.00 / 1100.00) seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of QuiverCaster) at QuiverPt facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Sylvanis Arrow to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Sylvanis Arrow for (Last created unit) to (Level of Barrage of the Forsaken for QuiverCaster)
          • Set QuiverPoint[(Integer A)] = (QuiverPt offset by 800.00 towards (28.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm QuiverPoint[(Integer A)]
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_QuiverPoint[bj_forLoopAIndex])
Trigger:
  • Second Barrage
    • Events
      • Time - QTimer[1] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set QuiverPoint[(Integer A)] = (QuiverPt offset by 800.00 towards (28.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • For each (Integer B) from 0 to 4, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set QPt = (QuiverPoint[(Integer A)] offset by 800.00 towards (72.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
              • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of QuiverCaster) at QuiverPoint[(Integer A)] facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add Sylvanis Arrow to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Sylvanis Arrow for (Last created unit) to (Level of Barrage of the Forsaken for QuiverCaster)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm QPt
              • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_QPt)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at QuiverPoint[(Integer A)] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_QuiverPoint[bj_forLoopAIndex])

Attachments

• Barrage of the Forsaken.w3x
    23.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Barrage of the Forsaken v2.w3x
    24.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Barrage of the Forsaken v3.w3x
    24.7 KB · Views: 158

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
You forget to remove 2 point
QuiverPt and QuiverPoint([IntegerA])

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
AHE-HE-HE!

Nice idea of the effects. But the wait is disgusting and ugly, it makes it look so ugly. Some random delay before them death bolts ring out? TIMER PLEASE? Also, can you make the amount of splits configurable? Like after the first black bolt arcs onto the ground and explodes, then those ones explode, make the ones exploded from the first one explode again!

AH, EXCUSE ME!
Trigger:

You need to RemoveLocation that before set again!

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
it wouldn't be so hard making it MUI

it's a nice idea and a simple spell, but if about 5 units would cast this, it would lag (at least on my pc)

dragonhord

Reaction score
AHE-HE-HE!

Nice idea of the effects. But the wait is disgusting and ugly, it makes it look so ugly. Some random delay before them death bolts ring out? TIMER PLEASE? Also, can you make the amount of splits configurable? Like after the first black bolt arcs onto the ground and explodes, then those ones explode, make the ones exploded from the first one explode again!

AH, EXCUSE ME!
Trigger:

You need to RemoveLocation that before set again!
Erm... The delay isn't random... It's a division of the distance between the points divided by the missile speed haha... I didn't just decide I liked it xD... But what do you mean by Timers? Like fire a separate trigger that runs off a timer event? Or a wait until timer expires? I am assuming it's not the wait because from the sounds of it you are not a fan... I'lll fix up the leaks when I get home :p. I didn't even notice them hahahaha... Ty guys for the help though :D.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Wait is inaccurate. The division still looks weird. Yes, use a timer. They are more accurate.

dragonhord

Reaction score
Wait is inaccurate. The division still looks weird. Yes, use a timer. They are more accurate.

Mmk ty... I didn't know that xD. Edited the trigger and changed the spell... Let me know if there is anything else you would fix. Would be interesting because I know based on the last thing you said I have fixed a few other things in spells I have made :p.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
  • Remove the cooldown from the ability please. I like spammability :)
  • Now, when the black arrow becomes 8 death missiles, and those ones become another ones, they form just a few maybe 0.5 second before they actually hit? It looks kinda weird.
  • It is not MUI :( I would like it if it was

dragonhord

Reaction score
  • Remove the cooldown from the ability please. I like spammability :)
  • Now, when the black arrow becomes 8 death missiles, and those ones become another ones, they form just a few maybe 0.5 second before they actually hit? It looks kinda weird.
  • It is not MUI :( I would like it if it was

Hmmm... If you hit escape it refreshes CD... I didn't notice the 8 missile things but I do now that you mention it lol... And MUI might be a problem considering there are waits :p.

EDIT: Updated it... Hopefully it looks better now... If you have any other suggestions let me know... Or if it still looks off.. I can't tell that it does anymore, but if it does let me know... I tried adding melee range to the distance it travels and dividing it by the speed of the missile *(128 + 800) / 1100* considering the missile fires at about melee range and travels 800.... So the divisions aren't random though they don't look very neat... If you have a better suggestion I would be up to hear it though... Because I can see how it doesn't look neat... Just makes sense to me this way XD.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well simply making a dummy unit and when it reaches 50 of a certain location, fire the next event. But that would mean you have to re-write your script. As for MUI.

- Lag on first cast, but not uncommon.
- It is very powerful :( Kills the creeps very easily :O
- Make a list of configurables in another trigger:

EXAMPLE:
Trigger:
  • BotF Setup
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SPELL_Effect = Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
      • Set SPELL_Range = 1200.00

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.