Battle hunger spell - Help.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
I am trying to make a spell similar to battle hunger ( axe in DotA)

But I don't know on which spell to base it, then how the slow works or the movespeed bonus and the killing removing the buff.
Anyone help me on this??

For those that don't know the spell:

* Afflicts a target with a terrible killing hunger. The target will take damage per second and is slowed until it kills a unit.
* Deals 15 damage per second and slows for 10%
* Gives Axe a 4% stacking movement bonus per affected enemy.
NOTE: I would want that dps/slow/speed bonus should be adjustable

Basically like this: The target will get slowed and get DPS, until it kills a unit.
For each unit that has active battle hunger the Caster will get stacking movement speed.
When the target dies or kills a unit, the caster will lose the speed buff.

chukky-jr

Reaction score
actually, the slow and dps comes from Shadow Strike, i haven't check for the speed bonus yet, but for dispelling the Battle Hunger, just do the usual : Unit Dies or something, remove Battle Hunger buff from killing unit, blabla (is there such function?)

Arre

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
actually, the slow and dps comes from Shadow Strike, i haven't check for the speed bonus yet, but for dispelling the Battle Hunger, just do the usual : Unit Dies or something, remove Battle Hunger buff from killing unit, blabla (is there such function?)

the spell isn't based on shadowstrike it's based on acid bomb.

chukky-jr

Reaction score
^oh my bad then, both has damage and slow over time, kinda forgot which one, so Acid Bomb is considered physical buff too?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You can base it off either spell, but it's more likely to be Acid Bomb, since that shows no floating text with the damage.

For removing the buff, do as chukky says - when a unit dies, check the killing unit for the Battle Hunger buff. If it exists, remove it.

For the stacking speed bonus, you'll have to trigger it. Most likely an ability that grants 4% movement speed per level, invisible on the Axe. When he casts the spell, increase the level of the ability; when a unit loses the buff (above) or the duration ends, reduce it again.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
when a unit loses the buff (above) or the duration ends, reduce it again.

Rather remove it completly. Buffing or snaring the attackspeed and movement speed will make the tooltip paint it red (snare) or green (buff). 0% also is considered a snare and will paint it implying the unit has a reduced movement speed.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I will try it with slow. Do multiple levels of slow (10-20). Slowing for -4% lvl2-8% etc.

I will try this and see what happens.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
What happens if another spell is based off of this. And then if the unit has battle hunger spell and gets affected by the other spell, does this override? How Can I fix that? So they don't override each other.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.