Arena Battlefield Tactics - Modern Warfare. Need somebody to terrain the desert battlefield

cowmenace

Reaction score
Battlefield Tactics

Latest Updates:
-All heroes/tanks/airplanes/infantry are completed. All that is left for the units is to make it so when you buy a sqaudron then you get 5 units not 1.
-I will be adding a dialogue box system where you can customize the sqaudron you are buying (you can say you want 1 bowman, 3 mercenary, and 1 spellcaster) As of now you can only buy preset squadrons (3 melee 2 ranged or 4 melee and 1 mage)
-Balance has forced me to remake Ballador. New spells for him are posted below. He is more of a unit killer than a hero killer now. All units/heroes are balanced now, but the Elemental Pantheon is a little more buff than other heroes (introducing him as a hero for new players)
-I may be adding a system that gives the losing team some help and a chance to get back. If the three neutral bases are all owned by the same team, the owning team doesn't gain any resources from them, but the team with no neutral bases gains 1 resource per second on top of the resource gain per second from territories they own in their own base. Then for each base the winning team captures that is inside the enemy's base, they start losing their resource gains. Please give me feedback on this idea. I thought of this due to the one flaw I saw in DotA where the outcome of the game can easily be foreseen and people often leave early.

In a time of peril the society that Earth developed into from the effects of the human race couldn't hold together the peace of two opposing sides. Each with their own belief, the great war began to tear apart the bonds of living. In what seemed like a never-ending fight -- one that would remind of what the total absence of peace was to be considered -- there was only little hope for a chance of survival. Soon from the point when all new technology would bring itself out onto the world, a third alliance would come out and show their power. Not understanding their own capabilities, they began meddling with their new discoveries. Of reading old lore, they came to discover a time when powerful and salient creatures called themselves the inhabitants of the same Earth. Hoping to bring this old race back to help them assume rightful power of the world, they brought them back. New to this world, they began to understand the concept of human war, and with this knowledge, they became the deciding factor in it. Agreeing on separate matters, the new creatures separated, joining the armies of what they found to be the one just cause.

Game Overview
Teams : 2
Players per team : 5
Heroes : 5
Size : 250 x 156
Style : Modern Warfare

Gameplay
The goal of this game is to capture all the territories on the map. Once this has been accomplished, your team wins the game. There is a total of 9 territories. Each team has 3 territories that are in their base, and there are 3 territories in the "battlefield" that are neutral. A player must hold position of at least one unit over a territory for 20 seconds to steal it from an enemy. For each territory captured, the team gains one resource per second. These resources are spent between the players to upgrade defenses of a base, or can be used to convert into money. To incorporate team playing, allies are encouraged give their resources to one person, after agreeing on what to buy. This game features a totally unique system of controlling massive amounts of units. A picture of the battlefield is imported, and on that small picture, there are miniature units. Each unit represents 5 units on the real battlefield, or a "squadron". If you tell a miniature unit to move to the middle territory, a dialog box shows whether you want your units to invade and capture, or to defend the premises of the territory (defending an enemy's territory gives the units increased damage, and prevents more enemies from going into the territory, but leaving them weak against the units inside the territory) The hero that a player picks determines what bonuses his units will have, which will determine whether it is best to defend an enemy base or to invade it in most situations. Which leads me to talk about the units.

Units
Heroes give auras to units that are nearby them, and also determine what all their units are good at (defense, attack, cost less money, magic resistance, etc) A hero is not very powerful, but his aura is. Heroes are also given spells. One example is the Dark Mage's ability to spread an epidemic, where one unit is affected, and it spreads to units nearby. This debuff reduces speed (attack and movement) and deals damage over time. Heroes are also important in the fact that they are the only units that can control tanks/airplanes. Yes, only 1 vehicle is in use per player. Vehicles are very expensive, but have extreme capabilities. The stealth fighter, for example, has tracking missiles, a laser, and invisibility. The Titan, a strong tank, has radar (to detect the stealth fighter), an EMP blast to disable nearby mechanical units/buildings, and missiles. All airplanes are in slides except for the helicopter, which adds a realistic effect. As far as a player's armies go, they are sold in squadrons (groups of 5) you can customize your squadrons and assign them names. As stated earlier, you can choose to control your squadrons by using the tactics center (picture of the map with miniature units representing yours and enemy squadrons) There are 3 units - ranged, melee, and rocket launcher equipped units. There is a possibility of adding more types in later releases. Players can buy upgrades for their units to make them stronger.

Update- Here is a list of the spells that the heroes will have.

The spells listed are the maximum levels for spells that the heroes will have. There will be 3 levels to each spell except the aura which is given (not learned)

When considering these spells are overpowered consider that heroes have on average 3000 health when these spells are maxed and an average unit will have 1200.
Leveling is slower than most others in this game.

Here is a full list of the spells and hero models that will be used -

Hero - Ballador - The Truthbringer : Arthas (Wielding Frostmourne)

Ballador is a typical warrior tank hero. He can stun enemies which is a large bonus and is good at killing large groups of enemies. Spirit of a Warrior is good for finishing off heroes that killed you and can keep your army going if they kill your hero.
Good at everything. Average hero.

1.) Blunt Hit - Ballador deals a powerful blow to the head of an enemy with the blunt end of his sword, dealing 150-450 damage and stunning for 2-3 seconds. 20 second cooldown. Mana : Low
2.) Enchant Blade - Enchants Ballador's weapon, making it deal high damage to all units around him. Deals 100/200/300 extra damage and lasts 6/8/10 seconds. Has a 45 second cooldown. Mana : Medium
3.) Spirit of a Warrior - Ballador shows the Gods his true value, and when he dies he becomes a spirit for 10 seconds. The spirit can heal allies and cast remorse, which deals 100 damage to a hero every time one of the targetted hero's units kills another. Mana : High (cast before death; has 3 minute cooldown. Angel lasts longer and deals more damage on remorse the higher hero the level is; has only 1 level learned at 6)
4.) Command Aura - Gives 10% more damage to nearby allied units.
- Stronger melee units

Hero - Drak'thul - The Heretic : Drak'thul

#1 Hero choice for pushing and taking over bases. Can cause havoc in enemy bases before units even get there. Very hard hero to use, but if perfected is an excellent hero. Spells are NOT noob friendly!
Requires practice to play, and patience. His spells take a lot of mana to cost and he has no damage (Join the Dark Side makes up for that) so he cannot just use his spells, they must be used wisely as they can only be cast once in a while.

1.) Combust - The Heretic erupts into flames, burning nearby units and setting them on fire. If a unit on fire comes within 150 of another unit, it will set it on fire. Flames last until the unit dies and deal 100 damage every second. Does not effect mechanical units or heroes. Each level reduces cooldown and mana cost. Mana - High
2.) Join the Dark Side - Channels control of a target enemy unit. The controlled unit gains a 150 damage bonus, 8 extra armor, and the ability to taunt. If you cancel control , the unit is given back with the extra armor and damage, however, it feels pain from being disowned, which causes it to take 50 damage. If it dies, the Dark Mage dies. Each level greatly reduces cooldown, mana cost, and a 1 second reduction in cast time. Cannot be used on Heroes. Lasts indefinitely. Mana - low at highest level
3.) Plague - Starts a deadly plague that will spread from the infected unit. Deals 20 damage per second and spreads if an infected unit comes within 250 of an infected unit. The plague lasts until the unit dies. Decreases hit chance of infected units by 15%. Does not affect mechanical units or heroes. Mana - high
4.) Corruption Aura - Reduces damage of nearby allies by 7%. Negative effect.
-Caster warriors gain dark spells (More damage, less support)

Plug - Gizmonologist : Tinker

Good at building defenses and taking down enemy structures. Noob-friendly spells. Can take down tanks easier than other heroes.
Not good at killing infantry.

1.) Build Disguised Bomb - Build a bomb disguised as a chicken. Deals 1000 damage on detonation. Each level greatly reduces cooldown, energy cost, and time to build. (20-10 seconds to make, 80-40 second cooldown, 140-100 energy cost) Appears as a friend to enemies. Mana - Medium
2.) Make Bomb - Plug is able to make remote detonated bombs. Each level deals more damage and takes less time to create. (1000-2000 damage, 20-15 seconds to make) Costs 200 energy. Remote bombs are invisible to the enemy and marked for allies. Mana - High
3.) Build Bunker - A cheap form of defense for allied troops. Does not need to be learned. Provides excellent protection from infantry, but is weak to high-explosive bombs. Holds 5 units, deals 100 dmg per second per unit. Costs 300 gold (fairly cheap)
4.) Armor Enhancements - Increases nearby allied unit's armor by 4.
- Gets refunded 7% cost of all items bought (units included)

Analia - Dark Ranger : Dark Ranger

Excellent at hero killing after level 9. Can become a pusher if the player goes for nothing but intelligence and agility (Becomes easy to kill, however)
Bad at staying alive.

1.) Multishot - Fires 5 arrows on the Dark Ranger's next attack. Each level decreases mana cost. Mana - Low
2.) Rain of Arrows - Bombards an area with arrows, damaging enemy units in a large AOE.
Level 1 - 300 damage.
Level 2 - 450 damage.
Level 3 - 600 damage.
Mana - Medium
3.) Power Shot - Analia concentrates all her remaining energy on 1 shot, dealing very high damage and slowing her and the enemy. Deals ([energy x 6] + attack damage + 400) damage to the enemy. Because of sudden shock, the enemy is slowed by 50%. As a result of using all her energy, Analia also becomes slowed by 0-99%. The more energy there was before she cast the faster she is able to walk. Enemy is slowed for 7 seconds, Analia is slowed for 20. Drains all energy, but cannot deal more than 3000 damage. (learned at level 9, only one level)
4.) Archer's Swiftness - Inreases the movement speed and attack speed of nearby allied units by 8%.
- Stronger ranged units

Furion - Elemental Pantheon : Furion

Well-rounded hero with noob-friendly spells (Portal to Hell may be hard to understand at first for new players)
Good at defending, attacking, and survival (magic resistance to counter hero attacks) Not good for hero killing.

1.) Storm - Furion channels a thunderstorm that strikes enemy units caught under the clouds. Deals 40-60 damage per second over a large area. Mana - Low-Medium
2.) Teleports Furion anywhere on the explored map.
Level 1 - 100 second cooldown, 2 second casting time.
Level 2 - 75 second cooldown, 2 second casting time.
Level 3 - 50 second cooldown, 2 second casting time.
Mana - Medium - Low
3.) Portal to Hell - Creates a neverending hole in the ground, killing all units inside. When the ground rises, Hell's Minions will come up and attack anything they see. Rising units are Neutral Hostile. The number of minions is equal to the number of units killed by the hole. Mana - High
4.) Presence of the Pantheon - Increases life regeneration of nearby units by 800%.
- All units have 40% magic resistance (including the Pantheon)

I might change these around if anybody has any suggestions for me.
Pictures-
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj204/cowmenace/New Map/

------------------------------------------------

I feel that the summary above gives a general idea to how this map revolutionizes what we know as wc3. I have attached pictures of the map below if you would like to see them.

Progress Report:
Terrain - 70% Looking for help with the desert battlefield. Contact me for info.
Heroes - 100%
Gameplay - 90% - Just need to set economy rates
Extras (Tactics Center, tutorials, etc.) - 10%
Armies - 90% - Still need to set triggers to fit the new units.
Tanks/Airplanes 100%
Territories/Bases - 90% - Need to add shops
Items - 20%

Overall Progress - 90%

NOTE: Overall progress is not an average of all percentages, rather an estimate done by me.

I will update my progress daily.

Currently Working on - Extras
Expected Finish Time for Work in Progress - August 25th
Working on Next - Items
Expected Finish Time for Next Job - August 27th

Expected Release Date : September 1st

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking interest in my game, I appreciate any suggestions you have, and any help you are willing to give. I owe a lot of credit to the community of TH and to everybody who has helped me. If you would like to be a tester for my map, feel free to send me an email at [email protected] it is my secondary email so I check it about once every 2 days. I will get back to you ASAP.

About the terrain, I am looking for an experienced person who is willing to spend a few days to a week terraining a large portion of my map. Credit will be given where due :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I thought you said this is Modern Warfare? Why are there wizards and stuff? :p I mean, ones that are so low-tech? :)

For the Bringer of Truthiness hero - he sounds gay. ... And his ultimate isn't really that satisfying all the time. Perhaps in the beginning, but won't people sometimes want to revive instead? 10 seconds could cost you the game. You should make it so that the Ethereal unit is another unit, and the hero still goes on as normally.

Good luck! :thup:

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I think it's something people will have to see and play before it can be classed as 'revolutionary'. In text it just reads to me as if it is just a large mix of idea's I have seen in other maps.

So what is the storyline exactly?

I'm with thewrongvine on the class names, they do each sound a tad lame. Like the hero ideas themselves seem good and functional, but the class names..... -_- they sound like a crappy cartoon. Bringer of Truthiness? Doesn't sound very modern warfare to me, and for some reason it makes me think of the tooth fairy.

Maybe make the class names a little cooler, here are some ideas -

Father Nature>>> Elemental Pantheon (pantheon is what you call a collective group of gods, so considering his spell list is a mix of the elements more so then nature i'd say it would sound cool)

Tech Wiz>>> Gizmonologist (Just a made up word, mix of Gizmo and Technologist [no duh :p)

Markswoman>>> Dead Eye (It's a nickname for a sharpshooter, someone who hits their mark on every shot)

Corrupted Wizard>>> Heretic

Bringer of Truthiness>>> Truthbringer? (I think that's the obvious choice anyways... considering the word truthiness died out of the english language long ago, just to be ressurected by a comedian for a tv show lol)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Those names by Murder are nice... but remember, hero names can sometimes be corny on purpose, as like the hero himself is naming himself that.

And the abilities aren't really that modern? :D They are using bow and arrows? :p

cowmenace

Reaction score
ok about the old time heroes in modern warfare my original storyline is below I was going to base the storyline on the loading page off of it. I haven't had time to write it out so what is posted below is not how it will sound lol. If somebody can turn that around to sound good I will give credit.

EDIT: ok I've made a rough draft of the storyline. It explains why the heroes are all based in the old times. It is posted at the top of the original post.

Please take into consideration that I haven't had time to come up with names for my heroes those were total BS lol...
Thanks for those names I will use those unless anybody can come up with better names, I'll add you onto credits list

and for the truthbringer's ultimate I was going to have his death timer still be going and it is a different unit. and I will make him weaker now that I made his spells he is way too powerful XD. I'm thinking of changing regen to units into a heal instead where he picks individual units to heal (allied heroes) or can use a weak AOE heal. Damage from Remorse changed to 50 per kill. I will be posting new spells and names soon.

ok spells and names have been changed. These are still not permanent I am always open to suggestions. If anybody thinks of anything that will enhance gameplay please share :D

I am working 24/7 on this map :banghead: and trying to check this page every few hours so keep ideas coming

cowmenace

Reaction score
bump
Still looking for a terrainer :(
I also need some opinions so please tell me what you guys think.
The map is almost complete now, and the release date is probably going to be off by a week or two. I'm hoping it will come sooner than that though.

cowmenace

Reaction score
bump
As I expect nobody will take the job, I now ask for ideas of doodads to put in a desert. If you find a custom model you think would look good on dirt please tell me any help is appreciated. Also please give me feedback on storyline and hero spells. Heroes are 100% completed now, but I am still taking suggestions for modifications. If you think a hero sounds boring don't be shy and tell me! I need ideas to make them not boring. I do not mind criticism as long as it will help me. Thanks for the PM's on ideas but I would appreciate it if you posted it here so other people can read and share their opinion on it too.
Thank you everybody, I will keep updating this daily so come back and check the new ideas and give more feedback! I will give credit to people who I see have helped me in a way (such as those names given)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.