Other Battleships Antarctica project

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well the buff is for the DoT from the Phoenix Fire. Since it's like a weapon, there's no buff. And even with periodic events for detecting units around the "caster", each gun has a different fire rate and stuff.

Besides, in a quick-paced game like BShips, ammunition can get quite annoying. But that's just my opinion. :p

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Ah, i kept thinking of a way to do it and my brain goes boom....

Yes, maybe it isn't a good idea.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Can we get a copy of the map?

I will give out unprotected copies once I think the map is in a final state and will only recieve bugfixes from then on - however, unprotected versions will be available only on demand.

Protected betatest copies will be handed out once the map is on beta level - which currently is not the case. ( implementation is still just at ca 38%, don't forget that! most of the weapons, ship skills and other items need to be implemented yet. The current weapon database only holds 25% of all weapons. )

Yes, the weapon attacks are detectable - Sooda has coded a detection system.
However, ammunition will require 2 slots per weapon - which is absolutely not doable in a game that has only 6 slots and requiers 2 weapons for combining. Also, what to do with the ammunition if you combine two weapons? Would be quite ineffective if 20% of the value of the ammunition would be lost due to the return value of 80% on sell.

Only way to kill this issue would be making ammunition free, but to limit the stack size - but it would still not be the way I'ld go.

Once you have an unprotected version you can try to implement this kind of system - but that will probably take some months :D

Stay tuned - Davey

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you can give the weps charges and use that ad a tracker

then the ammo will be a seperate itembased on a powerup) and will increase the charges on your wep

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
I will give out unprotected copies once I think the map is in a final state and will only recieve bugfixes from then on - however, unprotected versions will be available only on demand.

Protected betatest copies will be handed out once the map is on beta level - which currently is not the case. ( implementation is still just at ca 38%, don't forget that! most of the weapons, ship skills and other items need to be implemented yet. The current weapon database only holds 25% of all weapons. )

However, ammunition will require 2 slots per weapon - which is absolutely not doable in a game that has only 6 slots and requiers 2 weapons for combining. Also, what to do with the ammunition if you combine two weapons? Would be quite ineffective if 20% of the value of the ammunition would be lost due to the return value of 80% on sell.

Only way to kill this issue would be making ammunition free, but to limit the stack size - but it would still not be the way I'ld go.

Once you have an unprotected version you can try to implement this kind of system - but that will probably take some months :D

Stay tuned - Davey
This just blew me away. Let's just say this is going to be................
THE BEST BATTLESHIPS EVER!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok... lol PureOwnage, first time seeing this thread? :p J/K.

Uh, so Serra, does that mean you do want to add in ammunition for the weapons or not? Personally, I wouldn't like ammunition in this; it would get so annoying. :)

however, unprotected versions will be available only on demand.
-I now demand an unprotected version! or protected, either way doesn't matter. :D As long as I can test it out.

giragesh

Reaction score

would it be possible then to use the detection system to make the dimension changing possible i.e.
use invulnerability and detect attacks from other boats with the "dimension swap" buff

I would like a beta map too ( i cant beta test as i live in new zealand so conection is crappy but i would like to play it with some friends to get an idea of the flow and suchlike.

what are you still needing now?

giragesh

Reaction score

would it be possible then to use the detection system to make the dimension changing possible i.e.
use invulnerability and detect attacks from other boats with the "dimension swap" buff

I would like a beta map too ( i cant beta test as i live in new zealand so conection is crappy but i would like to play it with some friends to get an idea of the flow and suchlike.

what are you still needing now?

This just blew me away. Let's just say this is going to be................
THE BEST BATTLESHIPS EVER!

i agree :D

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Why did you just double post with the same exact message with the adddition of the "OMG BEST MAP EVA" thing? :D

But I agree too.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
^^ maybe he hit post twice, didnt saw that, edited the secopnd post with the quote made by pureownage?

But yeah Serra, i'm starting to think i should've continued new era, i just.. changed my occupation from wc3 to shooters.

It is actually the nicest map i've seen (battleship map WOW, do not exagerate Don!!). Unprotected version would sure be... WANTED. Even if protected version has biggest demands!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Uh, so Serra, does that mean you do want to add in ammunition for the weapons or not? Personally, I wouldn't like ammunition in this; it would get so annoying. :)

-I now demand an unprotected version! or protected, either way doesn't matter. :D As long as I can test it out.

I'm against ammunition, but once I hand out unprotected maps modders are for sure allowed to do what they want.

Uh you'll need to wait until it is finished. It's done when it's done, aye?

Greetings, Davey

PS: Thanks for the positive feedback. It allways gives me the power to carry on although some of this clicking and typing really starts getting on my nerves ; )
( especially with the bugged skills that cannot be leveled up like the hp bonus - thus needing special skills that take care of it in the end )

BTW: I think the best Battleships map ever was Battleships 2.12, it was just missing a zoom-out trigger : (

thewrongvine

Reaction score
lol, yeah, that demand was just sorta' a joke. Excited. :D

Maybe you should make all player have the same camera-view which is set back a bit further from normal cam-view. But if not, I suggest making it not freeform cam-view like:
-You can change the camera view by typing -cam ### (# is anywhere from 001-999)

Cause then some idiot starts going -cam 001 -cam 002 -cam 003 -cam 004 etc. :D Something with just like -min -med -max is nice.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
min med max is pretty nice but a normal way of doing it wouldn't be something like 2000 - 3000 - 4000 ?

Just asking and also serra, i'd be happy to test your map WHENEVER ya want :p

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
lol, yeah, that demand was just sorta' a joke. Excited. :D

Maybe you should make all player have the same camera-view which is set back a bit further from normal cam-view. But if not, I suggest making it not freeform cam-view like:
-You can change the camera view by typing -cam ### (# is anywhere from 001-999)

Cause then some idiot starts going -cam 001 -cam 002 -cam 003 -cam 004 etc. :D Something with just like -min -med -max is nice.

I have both implemented, with the most current commands like
-n
-near
-m
-medium
-normal
-far

-zoom XXXX allows for free camera settings between -n and -f.
Camera starts in -m mode.
BTW: This was one of the first things I did :D. If you want the system for your own maps, just ask me via pm.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
yesh, where's our beloved serra, so he continues Antartica?

We want it on b.net NAO!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Uh lol didn't see your posts I was at the 18th Birthday of a good friend yesterday, sorry.

Well I'm currently working on the trader systems. I'm somewhat arround 50% finished with them, and most probably you can test them 2mrrw or friday ( I'm not here thursday, so it would be hard for me to code then ; ) )

Anyway, I'll hand over a version of my trade system to my betatesters ( in hope they get how to trade, lol. -help trade will offer some hints. )

Stay tuned, Serra

EDIT: I would NEVER let this project die, lads. Not with the efforts I put in this, and not with the many guys that are still waiting for it. ; )

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yay! Wee! Woohoo! W00T! :)

Glad to hear that. We'll be waiting for the updates (and beta)!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.