Other Battleships Antarctica project

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
yeah, glaive repeater should be medium, 45 dpsis not that much... And you said it was smaller and weaker, definatly medium weapon type.

Iron Hull
Description: The ''so called'' iron hull is a purchaseable item, which one returns damage over an area of effect, dealing a % of boat's recieved damage, over a maximum number of targets using an edited version of fan of knives. (3 levels), upgradeable weapon.
Targets: S B H
Damage: 10%/30%/50%
Max unit: 5/6/8
AoE: 300/350/400
Type: Medium/Heavy/Heavy

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Spring Boards
Description: This item attaches spring boards to the bottom of your ship allowing you to jump in the air for a short range. After landing, waves pop out of the water making splash damage to the units around the targeted area. If targeted at shallow water, it will cause your ship to take damage.
Targets: Anywhere except land.
Damage: 120 damage to surrounding units
AOE: 300
Range: 400

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Thanks for the info ill keep it in mind for future posts.

Non weapon items

energy sheild-consumable

bonuses: none
abilities : activate sheilding

diverts power from the cannons into a crude shield asorbing all damage for 5 sec
invulnerability for 5 sec but cant attack, consumable

parrot

bonuses : changes the sound set to somthing annoying
abilities : scout-Show an area (like sentinel skill from huntress)

dimension changer - EXPENSIVE
allows you to swap between dimensions (with a cooldown)
you can only be hurt by ships in the same dimension

makes model transparrent
Energy shield: Non attacking is difficult to make. The only possible solution would be creating an additional fake-item per weapon with just no skills, and whenever a unit "looses" attack, the items will be exchanged with their fake ones. Phoenixfire cannot simply be disabled, sadly.

Parrot: I'm not too sure about how parrots can survive in an ice-desert where not even plants are growing ; )
I'm currently using the similiar flare, hope that is ok.

Dimension shifter:
Yes I thought about something really similiar, just for the "Flying Dutchman" ship. I'm still wondering on how to code it yet, but I really love the idea. An item to do this is a good thought, too - it balances the "hit and run" capabilities of the FD enourmously.
skill ideas

greek fire

douses an large area of sea in flame setting fire to ships which sail through the fire requires the whole crew to put out ship cant attack for X sec, ship also takes minor damage

Ram-interceptor

the ship gains bounus ms and slams into an enemy with terrific speed dealing X damage and causing ship to list(not sure of spelling) reducing its ms by Y for Z sec

Greek Fire: On the weapon disabling, the same is true like above: it is quite difficult to do - even with my hashtables. Apart from that, it seems like you'ld like to do something like a fire on the water that leaps over to approaching ships - did I understand you right there? And then the fire also disables attack and movespeed? I'm afraid that this is to imbalanced.
Perhaps with just the normal "burning" buff and a tiny speed reduction, ok. But disabling their attack would just blow away anything.

Ram: sounds interesting : )
note: have you got a beta version ? it would be easier to suggest ideas if i know the theme of each ship
I'm afraid that I have no beta that is working with the current formulas / ideas, but asap I'll create one.

What's the point of making a model transparent? You can still see them; you can still see them on the mini-map; with Battleships, it autofires so it doesn't really matter.
Perhaps hiding with GetLocalPlayer()?
I'll test wether that works or not.
Illusion Scout - Bought Ability
Description: Using magical powers, the ship sends out an illusion-owl foward that travels up to 1500 distance, scouting the area.
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Type: Light - Medium Ability
Note: there's a dummy unit that has the model of the owl; when the ability is casted, after .2 seconds, Angle (real) variable is the facing angle of Caster, and it creates the unit, takes off collision and gives transparency, and tell its to go to point 1500 away from Caster at Angle. The base skill could be any skill with a target point.
Scout: This sounds interesting : )
Weapons: I'm sorry but currently i have no place for additional weapons, however thanks for your efforts : )

yeah, glaive repeater should be medium, 45 dpsis not that much... And you said it was smaller and weaker, definatly medium weapon type.

Iron Hull
Description: The ''so called'' iron hull is a purchaseable item, which one returns damage over an area of effect, dealing a % of boat's recieved damage, over a maximum number of targets using an edited version of fan of knives. (3 levels), upgradeable weapon.
Targets: S B H
Damage: 10%/30%/50%
Max unit: 5/6/8
AoE: 300/350/400
Type: Medium/Heavy/Heavy

So this basically redirects the incoming damage among nearby enemies? Sounds interesting, but will be really difficult to implement - i'ld need damage detection. Perhaps this will be added when I have finished the rest.

Spring Boards
Description: This item attaches spring boards to the bottom of your ship allowing you to jump in the air for a short range. After landing, waves pop out of the water making splash damage to the units around the targeted area. If targeted at shallow water, it will cause your ship to take damage.
Targets: Anywhere except land.
Damage: 120 damage to surrounding units
AOE: 300
Range: 400

I really like the idea : )
Damage needs to be increased for sure, but I think I'll implement it lateron.

Thanks again for all your support and your many posts
Best regards, Davey

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
If someone can model me one - for sure : )

New Screenshots:

Bounty is currently broken, and coolness will be exchanged by cargo ( 1%-100% ) soon.
The ship is still missing 2 skills and the shop its weapons, as you can see ; )
The ship skills aren't implemented yet, also.
Also, this had the doubling weapons - which will be replaced by upgradeable soon.
wc3arctis07270801yj5.jpg

wc3arctis07270806hv5.jpg

wc3arctis07270805fw9.jpg

wc3arctis07270804ni5.jpg

wc3arctis07270802ba3.jpg
I'll finish my work with CF and hand it back completely to Say_No_To_War - in order to concentrate on this map and bringing it to an end during the next 2 months.

Greetings, Davey

giragesh

Reaction score
wow terrain looks amazing! Kind of spooky but looks good
You definetly need a ship like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_ship

lol if we are on the subject of ships for future versions i got a sugestion

Typhoon class nuclear submarine

these were made in the 1980s by the USSR and were the biggest submarines ever built.

more:
Although it isnt certain what they were for the general consensus was that they were designed to hide under the north pole icecap as a near invulnerable nuclear platform. When the time came to fire their nukes they would smash their way through a thinner place in the ice and launch.

The way they acheived this was to make it capable of spending years under the sea without needing to go to port.

they would be cool in battleships antartica

ITEM Ideas

dodgy teleporter

a makeshift teleporter of dubious construction.

Teleports anywhere visible in 3000 range. 2 sec channel.
also has a 30% cance to fail causing you to land somwhere randomly in a 2000 range of destination and a 2% chance to blow up

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
wow terrain looks amazing!

aw, it's just ice cliffs and water. :p lol, jk, it is good. Most of the Battleships map only have decent terraining, and that adds quite a lot to its show.

Ok, no more weapons; got it.

dodgy teleporter

a makeshift teleporter of dubious construction.

Teleports anywhere visible in 3000 range. 2 sec channel.
also has a 30% cance to fail causing you to land somwhere randomly in a 2000 range of destination and a 2% chance to blow up

Well... the name could do a bit of a change. :p And that's a bit far... 3000. My idea for that:

Water Shifter
Description: a matter-manipulating device created by Gnomes of the unknown waters. When used, the wielder can teleport him and nearby objects to a target point
Distance: Min 300 / Max 1000
Casting Time: 1 Second
Bonuses: 25% Chance to Fail, Causing the Caster to Teleport Randomly in a 600 Range, and Take 200 Damage
Type: Starter Item

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Dranei Ship Set
Description: the usual ship set for the Dranei; way advanced for us. These magical parts allow the ship to move more freely and faster, and adds protection
Movement Speed: +35%
Health Boost: +350
Armor Boost: +5
Damage Reduction: -20%
Bonuses:

giragesh

Reaction score
Got a question about secret operators

How are you going to work them? i.e. Build or some other way? will you keep your base or be able to sell it?Where can you build your base?

how will you balance it?

lol they sound interesting and there could be some possibilities for item ideas concerning bases

other questions:

Will you have the ability to hire minions from a shop?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Dumping Retreat - ability
Description: Retreat! In times of danger and risk, a ship must sometime rid itself of its belongings. Sacrificing a percent of its health, it gains a temporary speed boost.
Health Decrease: -15% Current Health
Movement Speed: +50% MoveSpeed
Duration: 10 Seconds
Cooldown: 25 Seconds

Anyways, I g2g now. I'll have more tomorrow.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Got a question about secret operators

How are you going to work them? i.e. Build or some other way? will you keep your base or be able to sell it?Where can you build your base?

how will you balance it?

lol they sound interesting and there could be some possibilities for item ideas concerning bases

other questions:

Will you have the ability to hire minions from a shop?

Secret operators can construct buildings, but it takes time and ACTION POINTS(AP). AP are a special balancing idea: They are like mana; Each ship has its normal hero skills ( like captain cannon, sails ) and the ship-specific skills ( like "sabotage" or "trade" ). Some of them consume AP's in order to work. Ships only have few AP's, and have no regeneration at all. They can only be regenerated in the range of bases.

The main base regenerates a great part of the maximum APs per second. The bases that are built by the secret operators only regenerate mana slowly.

Custom bases will not be sellable - they will work like buildings that are created on the coast. Towers, reparation docks and ship/item shops can be built by the secret operators - which can drastically reduce the time the team mates need in order to refresh their powers or to buy weaponry. However, the best way to counter such a thing is the Spyship - it can enter those bases and sabotage them - which will make it easier for the battleships to destroy it then.

Sabotage skills are like these: bombs that explode after some time and deal AoE damage, laying fire on buildings, disabling their sightfield or attacks and more.

The problem with spyships is that they don't have strong attacks on their own, so teammates with battleships are needed to eradicate the base.

There are side harbors in which creeps can be hired. Creeps are quite strong for the money you spend, but they have a huge disadvantage: when they're sunk, the money is lost.

Dumping Retreat - This is really cool! I'll implement it : )
The other ones - I don't like too much gambling in my map, sorry.

Terrain - the bases are still lacking content. There are shops missing as well as doodads, so don't wonder if the bases have even less than the rest. However, don't forget that this is meant to be plain and spooky - this is what antarctis looks like:
1305426-I_shouldnt_have_peed_in_my_pants-French_Southern_and_Antarctic_Lands.jpg

Well, what do you see?^^
Right - Icy Cliffs, and water.

giragesh

Reaction score
lol OK no gambles. Got it:D

items

Jet engines

buffs : increase ms by 20%

abilitys : afterburners - fires the afterburners causing a spout of flame out the back of the ship damaging enemies behind for X damage per second they are in it and setting them on fire. also gives a bonus 20% ms
lasts 10 sec

Crews

crew is more of an item catagory each crew gives bonuses to different stats is upgradeable and each give a special CREW ONLY bonus

- viking crew : major bonus to speed minor to str special bonus to xp gain
- pirate crew : major bonus to armor minor bonus to hp special bonus to gold from kills
- merchant crew : major bonus to cargo hold minor bonus to sight radius special bonus to better trading
- mage crew : major bonus to mana small bonus to sight radius special bonus to action points
- navy crew : all round average bonuses special bonus to upgrading

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
lol OK no gambles. Got it:D

items

Jet engines

buffs : increase ms by 20%

abilitys : afterburners - fires the afterburners causing a spout of flame out the back of the ship damaging enemies behind for X damage per second they are in it and setting them on fire. also gives a bonus 20% ms
lasts 10 sec

Crews

crew is more of an item catagory each crew gives bonuses to different stats is upgradeable and each give a special CREW ONLY bonus

- viking crew : major bonus to speed minor to str special bonus to xp gain
- pirate crew : major bonus to armor minor bonus to hp special bonus to gold from kills
- merchant crew : major bonus to cargo hold minor bonus to sight radius special bonus to better trading
- mage crew : major bonus to mana small bonus to sight radius special bonus to action points
- navy crew : all round average bonuses special bonus to upgrading

So the afterburn thingie works like the firetrace spell of the sorceress in Diablo II, creating a wall of fire behind the caster?
Sounds cool.

Crews:
Seems impossible to balance. If an Interceptor would by +cargo crew, he could get lots of heavy ranged weaponry -> bad for gameplay, allows for really imba builds.
Also, there is no mana in Battleships ; )

greetings to everyone, Davey

PureOwnage

Reaction score
Ship: Deceiver
HP: (Low)
Speed: (Very High)
Gold Cost: (Between Very Expensive and Medium)
Skill 1: Mirror Image
Skill 2: Change Look (Changes your ship to a random enemy and changes your name. All units do not see this person as an enemy.
Skill 3: Boom Flash (Makes the screen go white for all enemies while the deceiver blinks)
Skill 4: Onboard Repair
Skill 5: Reinforced Hulls
Skill 6: Improved Ship Sails

PureOwnage

Reaction score
Diamond Reinforced Steel Hulls

Description: One of the most heaviest and strongest hulls in the world.
Movement Speed: -100%
Health Boost: +5000
Armor Boost: +15
Gold Cost: 6300

giragesh

Reaction score
So the afterburn thingie works like the firetrace spell of the sorceress in Diablo II, creating a wall of fire behind the caster?
Sounds cool.

Jet engines
i actually meant a spout of flame out the back like a continuous breath of fire. but the sorc skill would be cool too, although i dont think it would suit the skill as much

perhaps you could use it as a spy ship skill though eg.

Anti chase countermeasures ( hard to think of a good name:nuts:)

ship class: spy (also could be an item ability)

the ship sprays burning oil behind it in an attempt to deter attackers from following does X damage per second and sets on fire

it could be extremely usefull for escape just dart through a narrow gap with it on to try to stop attackers following. to work this way however it would need very high damage so as to scare attackers off

also i have a suggestion for the secret opperator

you could implement a skill that builds a destructable gate that only opens when an ally orders it to.

could add an interesting aspect to the game when he wants to sneak in he has to either
- destroy the gate
- sneak in when no ones looking
- order it open with a special skill

also it would make chases interesting as the chased ship could dart in then try to close the gate

the trick to it would be making sure the gate cant close when a ship is in its region

please keep us updated regularly on what you still need,and how much you need. and i will do my best to stick to what you still want

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.