Best Framerate you'd Expect?

Best Framerate you'd Expect? (fps)

• 60+ - This map should run at the best framerate my computer normally allows! Art is not important!

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • 50 - 60 - Oh well, I don't mind lowering the graphics to get it back up to 60.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 40 - 50 - I appraicate the eye candy, so I don't mind.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • 30 - 40 - Sure it's annoying, but it's playable.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • 20 - 30 - I guess I can put the graphics on low...

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Less then 20 - I have a terrible computer anyway!

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
What is your braking point?

I'd say it really depends on the map and who I am playing with... if it's like the coolest map I've seen then I'd go to 30-40 without a problem, if not then I'd leave when the frame rate is around there. My computer intends to change the frame rate in intervalls though (which is VERY annoying), so most of the time is goes like this with "laggy" maps:

50-65
5-10
50-65
5-10

Anyway, I'll vote 30-40 in the poll :)

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
You realize that the human eye sees at about 20 frames per second, right? 60 is just plain unnecessary. Movies these days are 24 (sometimes 30 I believe) fps. I'm happy to get movie quality.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
I can certainly notice the difference between 20, 30 and higher fps.

At 40-30 fps I notice the mouse control is not as smooth as it used to be.

At 20 fps the mouse control gets way too low to give proper control in my opinion.

I quit if the controls won't keep up with the speed and smoothness I'm used to. This is mostly unrelated to art or anything else in the game. Without control, any map or game is a waste of time. That's just me.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
30-40, but I don't think it's annoying, looks smooth to me.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I always expect 60+ with my computer.
Anything else is a disgrace, especially when playing Wc3. :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anything over 20 is fine for me.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
well, lots of people, like Exide, expect 60+
but when a map at its climax (in combat + abilities with good eyecandy :D) I think keeping framerate at 40 -> 50 is very good :) (so I vote for 40 - 50)

however, I expect 25+, so 20 - 30 is fine :D

WarToast

Reaction score
You realize that the human eye sees at about 20 frames per second, right? 60 is just plain unnecessary. Movies these days are 24 (sometimes 30 I believe) fps. I'm happy to get movie quality.

You realise there's quite a difference from let's say 20 to 50 fps? Have you never watched movies or shows where the fps is clearly higher?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Normally, 20 is good enought, but we never know, leaks, or just a ton of handles, can make it drop, so I voted 30-40. Besides, wartoast, don't revive threads like that (just noticed this thread was a month old :p).

Valeur

Reaction score
Always 60. Anything below 50 is almost unplayable. I whine hard when I drop below 40 while playing dota. But that's competitive level, so you want things to be smooth.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.