Best Item Ability Base for Nothing?

Aaronx

Reaction score
I need an Item that's usable, but has no requirements and does nothing. I'm using a healing potion, with no heal, and it works fine, except that when you're full health it won't let you. I also have tried Rejuvenation Item Ability, but that one didn't work at all.

Shura

Reaction score
Use scroll of speed, and adjust it so that it doesn't give a speed boost.

Aaronx

Reaction score
Ah, alright thanks.

Also, is there a way to make a shop item unavailable for purchase, but still at the shop, until a condition is met?

Shura

Reaction score
Maybe make the item have a Stock Maximum of 0 and then remove it and and add the actual item when the condition is met?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Shura - First part, yes, second part, well no...

Just use 2 different venders that look then same with different items that look the same with stock maximum at 1, then use unit - replace.

Simple. Unless of course you want to use individual items.

Aaronx

Reaction score
I see. Thanks, to both of you.

To keep the ball rolling, what with the not starting new topic, perhaps someone could help me with this:

Code:
Divine Shield
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Divine Shield  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Bill (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Set DummyCaster1 = (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to DummyCaster1
                Unit - Add Divine Healing  to DummyCaster1
                Unit - Order DummyCaster1 to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Rejuvenation (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Divine Shield  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 4
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Bill (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Add Divine Healing 2 to DummyCaster1
                        Unit - Order DummyCaster1 to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Rejuvenation (Casting unit)
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Level of Divine Shield  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 5
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Add Divine Healing 3 to DummyCaster1
                            Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Level of Divine Shield  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 6
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Unit - Add Divine Healing 4 to DummyCaster1
                                    Else - Actions
                                        Do nothing

This is the trigger for a simple dummy ability. Nothing happens at all, and I've used a relatively same trigger before that worked fine, so I'm assuming it's with the If/then/elses. I also know that this leaks, but I need it to work before I put in the Jass.

Shura

Reaction score
So your sure that the dummy unit has the mana to pay the mana cost, if the ability has any, and that its around long enough to cast the ability?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
unit - unit starts the effect of an ability

and in the ability rejuvination, you need to go into targets allowed and check vulnerable and invulnerable.

And that the unit can actually cast the spell..

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
Note that you got if/then/else triggers for only level 3 to 6. Have you tried casting this skill within that interval?

Trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Level of Divine Shield for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3

set that to 1 instead, as that is problary the level of the skill you have.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.