Best map protector?

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Well, i have seen lot of map protector and while serching google for a map protector, i saw a map DEPROTECTOR! i clicked to see what it is and i found a site where people ask for unprotected map! even defi4nc3 got hacked, a solo version of defi4nc3 last version!

So what is the best protector to prevent this kind of thing?

p.s. i WONT say what is the hacking site to prevent you from geting deprotected map that i completly disaprouve!

Jonhpath

Reaction score
well, yes there a map unprotector it convert trigers in jass and it put the in a new map. same for unit, ability and other stuff. If i get it well.
p.s. by map protector i mean a mpa optimiser witch make you cant open the map with any editor

Tonks

Reaction score
- If Wc3 can read the map, by which I mean it can be played, then so can anyone else. -

Thus, the whole motto, if you will, that 'protectors' are built around is flawed. They're trying to make it so you can't open the map, but if that's done, it won't play in Wc3.

My advice: Don't protect. There's no logical purpose, there's no point. The only protector that I would grace with applause is Vexorian's Map Optimizer, which can be used to decrease map size, and that can even be done without protecting it.

Jonhpath

Reaction score
i wan protect my map for 3 reason:

1. prevent triger stealing and so people cant play my ORPG in solo mode.
2. prevent people to make a cheat so they can get free donators item (donator item are not made yet...)
3. prevent map stealing (my map is at a beta so no one realy know it, a person may just dl it and change creator name for hes name.

so i wan protect it like defiance but with more protection.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> prevent this kind of thing
Impossible, as Tonks said as long as a map can be played it can be unprotected as well.

> cant play my ORPG in solo mode
Who cares? Their loss.

> make a cheat so they can get free donators item
Isn't a donator item a cheat by itself?
But anyway this is once again their loss. Make sure you have an official download location (if you're using some map hosting site make sure their rules about map stealing are strict) and make sure everybody know about it. Only release new versions there and whoever wants to will always have an official version.

> more protection.
It doesn't really work like that, as said earlier.
The best you can get is Vexorian's map optimizer (hint: Useful Tools topic). Of course a person with enough free time can unprotect a map like that.

Jonhpath

Reaction score
> prevent this kind of thing
Impossible, as Tonks said as long as a map can be played it can be unprotected as well
Well, thanks... i'll use Verorian one.

> cant play my ORPG in solo mode
Who cares? Their loss.
If they play single, tjey can save with high level and the best stuf...

> make a cheat so they can get free donators item
Isn't a donator item a cheat by itself?
But anyway this is once again their loss. Make sure you have an official download location (if you're using some map hosting site make sure their rules about map stealing are strict) and make sure everybody know about it. Only release new versions there and whoever wants to will always have an official version.
Donator arnt cheat, its good item that i get money from they maker. And about the oficial site for last version, well for me its
http://www.freewebs.com/crip7soldier/ but its verry beta, no playable version for now.

> more protection.
It doesn't really work like that, as said earlier.
The best you can get is Vexorian's map optimizer (hint: Useful Tools topic). Of course a person with enough free time can unprotect a map like that
Well, your right i'll use vexorian one. and i'll alway look on the hacker site that i saw and change something in my save/load triger so it will alway be unable to load in the next version. Thanks for all theyse awnser, +rep to both of you

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> tjey can save with high level and the best stuf
So? It's their loss if they didn't want to play and level. If you think that this on the other hand can in some way hurt other players then you better make sure you prevent it.

> its good item that i get money from they maker
So in other words you are making the people who payed you have a large advantage over standard players? A very bad idea if you ask me, but none of my concern whatsoever.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I fairly certain the latter is illegal....
I'd be very careful about making money off a commerical game that you haven't made from scratch...

1337D00D

The line between "buying" and "donating, then getting a reward in return" is very thin. If you want it to be legal, you should say something like "If you donate money to our team, we will give you a gift of gratitude blablabla". You must also not use the money on yourself, rather, the expenses of developing your map.

And there really isn't a point in making it, because somewhere along the line, someone will deprotect your map and figure out the code to get your "donation" items.

tastystew

Reaction score
Who cares. There's no reason to protect, if you're planning to make money, good luck, you can be charged if you did not do that law shit. Map stealing? If you have a hiveworkshop submission, I can guarantee that the community will tell you the map stealers, not that hard.

Stop protecting, its stupid.

edit: woops, necro.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.