Beta phase 1 has ended

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
First reaction:
[YOUTUBE]sDQuBUy1dgo[/YOUTUBE]

Well, that out of the way, anyone feel like, you know, discussing SC2?
And, given we already have a thread on "OMG, Blizzard totally fucked up the editor" and "OMFG, Bnet 2.0 sooooo sucks",
maybe we could try to talk about the actual game?

Impressions, mechanics, favorite race (why), match-ups you think are worthy of a larger public, events, ...

Clearly, the beta has gone far beyond a basic testing.
With quality tournaments, leagues already forming, ... impressive really.

For starters:
Thanks for letting me in on this great opportunity to be one of the first people to actually try it.
Freakin' awesome game

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me in on this great opportunity to be one of the first people to actually try it.
Freakin' awesome game

Quoted for truth.

I really don't see why so many people are getting stressed out over certain features that they do not think fit themselves. Blizzard isn't doing it purposfully to harm you, or your enjoyment. I personally havent found much to complain about so far, my personal thoughts are that it's change and some people don't like change, therefore they are not enjoying SC2. And another thing, it's still a beta. There is time for it to be changed and tweaked before the final release. Not everything you have seen/played will be in the final game.

That is all.

Arkless

Reaction score
Quoted for truth.

I really don't see why so many people are getting stressed out over certain features that they do not think fit themselves. Blizzard isn't doing it purposfully to harm you, or your enjoyment. I personally havent found much to complain about so far, my personal thoughts are that it's change and some people don't like change, therefore they are not enjoying SC2. And another thing, it's still a beta. There is time for it to be changed and tweaked before the final release. Not everything you have seen/played will be in the final game.

That is all.

I think they won't change to much till the release, but blizzard was always good at patching good things in !

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
The game itself: definitely one of the best RTS games for years to come (with most RTS games creating a rather dismal and cold atmosphere and competing franchises turning rather floppy, SC2 is basically hitting on empty ground) - graphics, unit designs and balancing have come a long way (though it's my impression that Zerg are getting underpowered ... again).
It's definitely a game to meet expectations, i.e. a worthy sequel sticking to the great foundations of the original, but with the necessary graphical and technical overhaul, a refresh of the unit lineup and useful new features, all rolled together to suit online multiplayer gaming and eSports demands.
No doubt that the campaign will be awesome - here I'm not really expecting fancy new level designs to revolutionize RTS gaming, but rather immersive maps that play well and fun as part of a very well told story (I'm especially looking forward to the cutscenes).

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Zerg Underpowered my ass.

Game Roxxed I would now kill for the Full Game itself.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Zerg Underpowered my ass.

They are very underpowered against Terran, if you don't believe me, many Starcraft 2 professionals have even said it themselves that Terran mech is incredibly overpowered and that it takes an immensely great amount of skill to play as Zerg and actually beat a skilled Terran player.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
They are very underpowered against Terran, if you don't believe me, many Starcraft 2 professionals have even said it themselves that Terran mech is incredibly overpowered and that it takes an immensely great amount of skill to play as Zerg and actually beat a skilled Terran player.

Terrans do have some overpowered units atm, but we're talking about casual play, which is were all of us are (unless one of you is secretly a pro player and isn't telling us :p), so really it's difficult to distinguish which race is the best because that's really not what determines games for us. I think zerg is an excellent race, and I really like the zerg playstyle and feel I am quite good at it, which makes me think they are very strong for the same reasons that win me games. :)

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Terrans do have some overpowered units atm, but we're talking about casual play, which is were all of us are (unless one of you is secretly a pro player and isn't telling us :p), so really it's difficult to distinguish which race is the best because that's really not what determines games for us. I think zerg is an excellent race, and I really like the zerg playstyle and feel I am quite good at it, which makes me think they are very strong for the same reasons that win me games. :)

Well in the latest patch (15), I was number one in the Platinum league. I'm no professional, but I know my way around the game and I can definitely say that Zerg is the hardest race to play as. Terran is even more OP in lower level leagues because they are so easy to control. They aren't too bad in Platinum, but they still have a lot of unbalanced units and mechanics.

punwisp

Reaction score
Well in the latest patch (15), I was number one in the Platinum league. I'm no professional, but I know my way around the game and I can definitely say that Zerg is the hardest race to play as. Terran is even more OP in lower level leagues because they are so easy to control. They aren't too bad in Platinum, but they still have a lot of unbalanced units and mechanics.

Marines and Marauders anyone? (With the shields, concuss nades etc of course)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Zerg are good but it's hard for them to beat a terran if the terran are good. Protoss on the other hand in some situations are out of control..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.