Black Arrow buff applying even if autocast is off

dianamod27

Reaction score
For some reason, my Black Arrow-based spell always applies a buff to the enemy as long as a unit has the ability, even if it's not on autocast.
I didn't change the buffs Black Arrow adds, I just set its bonus damage to 0, and all the other changes are cosmetic.

I thought I had the perfect spell for my trigger then. I'm already making workaround trigger, but I'd just love to know why the buff applies no matter what.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Try using Searing Arrows, or Poison Arrows maybe.
Depending on what you specifically need Black Arrow for.
If the damage is 0, I don't think you need the summons?

Tell us more.

dianamod27

Reaction score
There isn't much more to say about it, everything works except for this one thing, but there you go:
I want this hero on my map to have a spell that can be autocast and that decreases armour of the attacked unit by 1 and stacks up to 3/6/9 times. Obviously I need to base it off an autocast spell like Black Arrow, and I also need a buff that applies to the attacked unit so I can detect it via triggers. I used Black Arrow because Frost Arrow didn't apply a buff when the speed reduction was 0%.
Everything works flawlessy, except for Black Arrow creating a buff on the attacked unit even if you don't use the spell, which isn't a trigger problem.

Edit: I just tested it out with different heroes and it seems the buff only automatically applies if the spell is used by a melee hero. Thankfully, my workaround is effective, it detects when the Black Arrow spell is used manually, or if it is on autocast, and fires the actual spell trigger accordingly.

keychup

Reaction score
Ah, you mean when you used the ability with a melee hero it didn't apply the buff? that just means it "didnt" work with the hero. :p
arrows work on ranged units.

dianamod27

Reaction score
No, the problem is that when a melee hero has Black Arrow, it applies the buff at all times, even if autocast is off.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
>I'd just love to know why the buff applies no matter what.

for melee units, auto-cast behaves like passive
yep, even "silence" can't stop it from applying

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.