Black Arrow with siege attack?

captainrads

Reaction score
I've got a Glaive Thrower(with a siege attack) which has an ability based off Black Arrow where its supposed to spawn treants when killing a unit. The problem is, since the corpse explodes when the Glaive Thrower kills it, nothing is spawned. I'm not sure if Black Arrow doesn't work with siege or its some other problem, but I'm pretty stuck here...any help would be greatly appreciated.

captainrads

Reaction score
maby u have to change the attack type
I'd like to avoid that, if possible. I still want the siege attack to attack ground units and structures, and seperating the attacks would cause them to attack ground units with one attack and structures with siege only.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well its possible to make a custom black arrow that wouldn't need corpses to spawn. As to how to do this there are a few tutorials on creating custom arrows spells. One of them should point you in the right direction.

TheThinkTank

Reaction score
Attack Type could be the problem

Millzy didn't mean the targets allowed, he meant the attack type.

Certain spells (such as feedback and black arrow) will not trigger with the attack type Artillery or Missle(Splash), you might have to change the Glaive Thrower to have the attack type of Missle.

In the Glaive Thrower's attack stats, there should be one named "Combat - Attack - Weapon Type:" ... instead of Artillery (Line) which it should be, replace it with Missle.

.. that should fix it. However, this will also cause your Glaive Thrower to no longer deal splash damage, so, it's your call, really. (However, it can still deal siege damage, if that is what you were initially more concerned about)

Or you could do what Naga said and figure out how to do it through tutorials and triggers.

captainrads

Reaction score
Hmm...well depending on the complexity of custom arrows, I might do either option. Thanks for everyone's help.

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial about making black arrow without corpses?

captainrads

Reaction score
I've been combing the internet and I can't find any tutorial that helps me...anyone know one?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.