Blizz games taking a while to start, but can start properly on the second try.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Been having this problem recently.

Basically, if I run any blizzard game, it will not start for a very long time. Trying to run it again will usually make it run properly but later there will be another message that comes up saying "[Game] is already running".

It's not a huge issue but it's pretty annoying. I'm guessing some windows update caused this. (running win7 64x)

is there any way to fix it?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the regular route? Emailing [email protected] and giving them your system specs and stuff, and/or posting your question in the Blizzard Tech Support Forum?

I will throw out a guess though and say its a virus scanner. Try disabling whatever virus scanner you are running and see if the problem persists. Also, hitting ctrl+alt+del and ending task on unnecessary programs might help. It feels to me like a conflict with something you have running.

If you do post in the Blizzard Forum or send an email to them please copy your email or post and post here too so we can get the system specs and stuff. It really helps to troubleshoot.

Hope this helps!

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I've found that if you just run the game via their main exe (war3.exe, or Game.exe for d2) instead of the launcher, it works just fine. Maybe that would help isolate the problem more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.