Blizzard Maps

Segus1992

Reaction score
So I've been looking around for a while, but I can't find anything on the subject. Blizzard only vaguely suggests it in their FAQ, so I figured I'd ask those that might know.

My question is as follows: am I allowed to use Blizzard maps for editing and playing online? By that, I mean melee maps that I edit for higher level heroes and harder creeps and more upgrades, basically to allow longer gameplay. I can access the map, I just can't seem to play it once it's saved.

Thanks for any help.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do whatever you want with whatever map you like. Nobody cares and nobody is going to stop you. Even further, nobody could potentially stop you.

Segus1992

Reaction score
That's what I figured. However, when I tried to play the map online, or even on singleplayer, the map's just not there. I saved the edited version in the Downloads folder, but when I try to access it ingame, it's not there. Looking at the file, it's the same icon as the other maps, but it's got a lock on it as well. I'm wondering what this means, and if I can make it usable.

Segus1992

Reaction score
After some research and testing I've decided to rephrase: the world editor is doing something iffy with my patches. Whenever I use the editor, and then run Warcraft and attempt to access B.net, it tries to get me a new patch. If I don't try to access B.net, I can play the maps in single player. Is this a known issue with the world editor? I'm using Windows 7, if that's of any help.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well, I had some issues when I first started editing with my world editor in Windows &. You may not be running your programs as an administrator. Remember to run your programs as administrator, or your files will do weird things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.