Breath of FIre/Drunken Haze combo. Info help.

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Ahoy there scurvy ol' sea dogs, I got me a question, and if ye no answer it.... you can be going to visit Davey Jones. :nuts:

Righto.

It is commonly accepted that Drunken Haze and Breath of Fire are 'linked' abilities, where their effectiveness, and effect (damage) is altered when combined.

I am trying to make a linked combo ability also.

Now... My information request and help is in relation to this.

What part (if not the whole) of the two spells, are linked to each other?

As my desired spell would be an area cast, (the drunken haze part) where any units in, or entering the affected area would become subject to the effects.

Then the (breath of fire) part could be cast on the area for a nasty shock.

So, an expanation of how the spells are linked would be nice.

I

IceHeart

The drunken haze is a beer i think, so it makes them flammable.

Then when you add breath of fire, it starts the units on fire to to damage over time.

at least that is what blizzard tried to do with them not sure if it works.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
i think he asked how to like them, and yes, you turn the beer covered guys into a flambe when you combine it.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
they are just hard coded to work that way, it's not the buff that does it and its not the name of the spell that does it its more like when you use a spell based on breath of fire it will see if the target is under the effects of a spell based on drunken haze and if it is those damage over time amounts and durations on breath of fire come into effect.

the only wya to do this with other spells would be with triggers. check if the target(s) of the [breath of fire like spell] have the buff of the [drunken haze type spell] in triggers and if they do then give them the other effects.

P

Persen

Or, make a trigger that detects drunken haze casts, and casts breath of fire on the same target.

H

Heptameron

I did this once in triggers, in a fairly simple way. I had a spell based on Cripple, and then another one that used triggers to check if they had the Cripple buff and if so, deal extra damage and remove the Cripple buff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.