Bubble Shockwave

Sargon

Reaction score
OK, for my entry into the cineatic competition, I need an ability that shoots a bubble straight forward. So what I did was I took Crushing Wave and changed the missile art to that of the Mana Shield buff. Problem is, the missile seems to be traveling under the ground; all that I can see of the model when it's moving is the top. How can I make it go above ground, but still retain the way it does damage (damages anything it hits as it travels)?

M

me.

umm.. only way i can think of right now is take a modler and just raise it up... or you could try to turn it into some kind of buff, and make it shoot from something other than origin... both seem... lol dificult enough but there the only wayi can think of right now, im still mild newb lol

Sargon

Reaction score
No, then it would come out of the ground and go back in.

It's based on Crushing Wave, and all I did was replace the missile art with Mana Shield. You can always throw it together and test it, you know :p

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
My advice would be to try basing it off of some other abilities. Also, is it unit- or point-targeted?

Sargon

Reaction score
Point targeted.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Here a few that I can think of off the top of my head:

Shockwave
Carrion Swarm
Breath of Fire

I'll try to look into it further tomorrow when I have WE.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
this worked for me:

base ability= storm bolt

missle speed= 2000

missle art= frost armor (unit) it looks more like a bubble

Sargon

Reaction score
I need it to hit everything in its path.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
just change your missle art to frost armor (unit) problem solved, your probelm was, your missle wasnt undeground, it wasnt thier, mana shiedl doesnt have a missle, just a effect, frost armor, how ever will work for you

P.S. sorry for double post

Sargon

Reaction score
No, it was there. I could see the top of it, but not all of it.

I used the buff art for Mana Shield as a missile. It showed up, but was partly underground for some reason.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
hmm, so you absolutly have to your mana shield missle eh? :p hmm..... well if all goes wroung mine works! (claps for self! yay!) to the WE!!! ;)

Sargon

Reaction score
Wait, never mind, it works. I had been using a different model for the art, but forgot that I wasn't using Mana Shield.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.