Buff Placers and Unit takes damage

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. As the title says, I really need to know about those orb effects. I have many abilities in my map that use the "Unit(X) - Takes damage" event but there isn't a condition that can check whether the damage is dealt by spells or by attacks so I need to use buff placing abilities such as Poison Arrows, Cold Arrows, Bash, Armor Reducing Item abilities etc... So I need to know what is the best ability to use, or best way to solve this, so that those spells won't interfere with my item abilities because I will definitely have some of those abilities in my items.
Can someone tell me what ability do you use for ranged and what for melee heroes...

Kind regards, Igor_Z

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Poison Arrows, Cold Arrows, Bash, Armor Reducing Item abilities etc...
I'm fond of Frost Breath from the Undead. It's an ability with no icon, it's not an orb effect, and it applies to all units hit by an AOE attack and not just its direct target.

so that those spells won't interfere with my item abilities because I will definitely have some of those abilities in my items.
Not really possible: a unit can only apply one buff on hit, so having a buff placer to detect attacks necessarily interferes with giving the unit other buff-placing abilities. However, you would instead be able to trigger your buff-on-attack skills since you'll be able to detect when an attack lands.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
However, you would instead be able to trigger your buff-on-attack skills since you'll be able to detect when an attack lands.

I don't understand this

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.