Buffs

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
[SOLVED]
I based the ability of devotion aura. I realised the buffs don't affect buildings, even if I set mechanical in the targets allowed. Is there a way to work around that? Also, the buffs affect invulnerable units, however do not show the effect of the buff. (The aura kind of thing.) It does work, when I make them vulnerable. Is there a way to work around this? (Though I've tried giving the actual ability to the unit and it worked, but I just want to know if there's a simpler way than to give the unit the actual ability.

DioD

Reaction score
building is different layer, you must allow building as targets, not mechanical.

buffs on invul units work for everyone expect you.

skyblader

Reaction score
No the buffs work... The effects don't.

Meaning Skill A is an aura that gives buff in a 500 AOE.

Unit A and Unit B are both invulnerable.

Unit A has Skill A while Unit B is in 500 AOE.

Unit A has Buff + Effect. Unit B has only buff.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
does your devotion aura based spell increase/decrease armor?

If yes then invulnerable units already has "Invulnerable" armor, thus cannot be increased or decreased...
If no then what does your aura do?

skyblader

Reaction score
My aura is just a dummy ability that gives the aura buff to units, then the rest is triggered determined by whether the unit has buff or not. So it has nothing to do with the armour increment or decrement.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Gameplay Constants > Building Status Display - set to "True".

skyblader

Reaction score
Thanks Weep, solved the building problem. But the buff effect still doesn't show for invulnerable units.

Just realised a mistake I made. Buff effects DOES show for invulnerable units. Now the problem is, units with locust don't get the buff at all.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Just realised a mistake I made. Buff effects DOES show for invulnerable units. Now the problem is, units with locust don't get the buff at all.
Working as intended; Locust units are essentially invisible/immune to anything based on area or unit-targeting. If you really need them to have Locust...I'm not sure of anything to suggest.

skyblader

Reaction score
Will adding locust after the unit is created, change anything?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
If you're using locust to prevent selection you can always make a trigger that does:

Event - Player selects a unit
Conditions - Unit type of selected unit ...
Actions - Clear selection for Player

What do you need locust for?

skyblader

Reaction score
Locust to prevent movement. Anyway I just solved it by making it a building. It'll look a little funny with a man throwing stuff backwards... But I guess that's the best way to make a unit not movable, but still selectable and abilities viewable.

Thanks anyway:thup:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Locust to prevent movement. Anyway I just solved it by making it a building. It'll look a little funny with a man throwing stuff backwards... But I guess that's the best way to make a unit not movable, but still selectable and abilities viewable.

Thanks anyway:thup:

Actually, if you want to prevent just movement, couldn't you just remove the Movement command? Or just tell the unit to "Stop" whenever you try to move. Or, set the movement speed to 0?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Set the unit's classification to Ward and it'll stop movement.

skyblader

Reaction score
I guess the building option is the best, because I want the abilities to be shown, and also allow the player to select the targets they want. Meaning they may move if they order attack unit, if the unit moves.

Edit: Turns out, setting movespeed to 0 is the best. Frankly I thought it would be clamped between the minimum and maximum speed, and if I set the minimum speed to 0, it'll be set to defaults which must be edited in the game play constants, which I wanted to avoid. But it was made possible by setting movement type to 0.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.