Build Time instant

fiskenfisk

Reaction score
Hello there

I am currently trying to make my own tower wars here but having a little problem, when I try to make the units, it takes 1second to create them but I want to make that instant, anyone know how? If you do, please tell me ;) I try to change it in the Object Editor, but the minimum build time is 1 second.

Fiskenfisk/mikkelthegikkel

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Can't it be triggered like this?:

Trigger:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to *Some Unit Type*
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) construction progress to 100%

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
If you hold 'shift' and double click the build time, it allows you to set the construction time to zero. This causes the construction to bug, and the building finishes with very low hp, but this can be easily resolved with a trigger that detects the finishing of construction and sets the constructed unit's life to full.

Although, I'm not so sure how good that method is. I tested it for a moment, and the peasant I was using still got hung up on making the structure for the better part of a second if I queued up a bunch of buildings, even though the construction finished instantly.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
He maby destroys the created bulding the creates a new one making it look instant

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
edit, ignore this first part:
He maby destroys the created bulding the creates a new one making it look instant
Bingo, though not for the same reasons. Simply getting the building to be built instantly is easy, like I showed before.

However, what getting rid of the constructing structure does is get the builder to move on to his next task instantly rather than spending half a second staring at al alread0built structure.

However, creating a new building only seems to work flawlessly if there's no collision blocking it's construction, so the work needs to either have something happen to it or be collisionless or something ie flying.

This is just a few moments of testing though, so it might be more workable if you experiment with it.

Do this instead:

Yea, the method I posted requires a .0 wait in the beginning of the trigger.
Do this. It's flawless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.