Building Upgrade Apply Timed Life?

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to add a timed life to a building. The idea is that a unit can build a morphing unit using the pocket factory skill. This morphing building can morph into 3 different types of buildings. I want to add an expiration timer to the building once it upgrades (whichever of the 3 it is). I have tried a couple of triggers, but can't get anything to work. Does anyone know how to do it?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I had problems with Pocket Factory not being registered by the "A unit is summoned" event. It may be the same case for "A unit finishes upgrading".

Try and make a dummy unit spawn with your pocket factory, add 0.01 seconds duration to the dummy unit and then create the actual summoned unit on the dying unit's location, as the pocket factory is still registered by the "a unit dies" event. Then it should properly respond to your event responses.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I don't have WE I'm at school =)) how about a simple code to do the timed life...

Unit Finishes Upgrading

Unit Type of Triggering Unit = "Upgraded Building"

Add 10 seconds expiration timer.

I just don't know if it will work... worth a try though...

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Yeah that is exactly what my trigger looks like. I did some testing and found out the problem-it isn't my trigger, it is the world editor (like so many other things). The trigger works absolutely fine (I just had the expiration time set to several minutes, so it never really killed the unit), but the expiration timer (the timer bar) doesn't show up on the unit. I think this is because the units are structures, not normal/organic units. If anyone knows a way around this, please share, but I will leave it as is for now.

P.S. Bogrim-I had absolutely no problems with needing to replace units. I went back and double-checked, and the skill that I had been using was 'Build Tiny Scout Tower'. I thought it was pocket factory-probably because I am using the pocket factory building model!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.