Buying Abilities/Neutral Passives limit

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
I've seen it done in games like Hero Builder and HoSK, how is it done exactly? I kinda know that you just make it an item ability and then turn it to an ability via trigger when it's bought, but I can't get it to work. The item also keeps showing a quantity (small 1... etc.) next to the name, which I don't want and can't seem to change.

Like I had: Mage Abilities
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Fire Storm
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
          • Unit - Add Fire Storm to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

But is there something else you can do or use besides sold item? As I don't think that works. =/

And can you override or get by the Neutral Passive units limit using triggers?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
The small one is there because you made it a charged item - this is meant to be for stacking potions etc

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
"Sold item" works if you wait for "a unit sells an item".
Use "Item being manipulated".
Sweet, it worked, thanks a lot.

The small one is there because you made it a charged item - this is meant to be for stacking potions etc
Nope, I have no charges on the item, yet it still shows numbers (because of the maximum stock, but I dunno how to not require that) o_O.

The item also doesn't disappear after I buy it, even though the maximum stock is 1 and perishable 0.

Also, any idea on the Neutrals issue?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
maybe it depends on the type of an item... if its a purchasble, power up, or whatever

if you dont want the 1 to show up, make it a misc item... maybe that might take care of it...

if you want the item to be removed from the shop after its been bought, you have to trigger it... if not the item is going to show up again and again... albeit cooldown

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Ooh, ok, thanks. Can you get by the Neutral Passive limit with triggers (like change the owners with the trigger at map initialization or w/e), or would it glitch it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.