• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Hey there, I just made a video tutorial for beginner c++ programmers but I'm asking you guys if it's worth to watch.
The basic idea I have in mind is to create a series of these video's, starting from the basics and eventually go up to classes, cross-platform socket handling, and all kinds of difficult stuff.

I don't like to waste time, so again I'd like to ask you guys if this pilot tutorial is worth to watch, if so more would be coming.

These video's are best watched at HD quality, it's actually 1280x720 converted to a resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p) meaning the text is actually quite readable in this video.

(1/2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1mZgEWpDUc
(2/2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az8LFR_mxto

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
They seem rather good actually :) But you should train a little on your pronounciation, like IDE the I is pronounced like when you say "I am":p
You seem to sometimes move a bit further and then closer again to the mike and that is a bit annoying sometimes.

Other than that it is good :)

Xorifelse

Reaction score
They seem rather good actually :) But you should train a little on your pronounciation, like IDE the I is pronounced like when you say "I am":p
You seem to sometimes move a bit further and then closer again to the mike and that is a bit annoying sometimes.

Other than that it is good :)

God, that's stupid. Makes me wanna remove the video's and edit that part. I wont make that mistake again. Thing is, and it may sound strange to you is the I is pronounced as E in Dutch, and the E is pronounced as I in Dutch. So it's kinda like saying "idea" backwards for me, thus the miss pronunciation. I'll edit that, actually.

For the sound, I tried to correct that as most possibly as I could, however I just started with video editing, I'll get better at it eventually.

Glad you liked it. :cool:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
It's actually good, I've seen many tutorial videos that just plain suck, they skip vital information and in the end you have something that almost works and no idea how to make it work.

So the information was good, however you should speak up abit and, if you didn't, have a manuscript you should start making them before making the video, many "uh"s and "ehm"s makes it sound as if you're not completely sure of what you're talking about.

But these are things that get better the more times you make videos so keep going! :thup:

//==GooS

Xorifelse

Reaction score
It's actually good, I've seen many tutorial videos that just plain suck, they skip vital information and in the end you have something that almost works and no idea how to make it work.

So the information was good, however you should speak up abit and, if you didn't, have a manuscript you should start making them before making the video, many "uh"s and "ehm"s makes it sound as if you're not completely sure of what you're talking about.

But these are things that get better the more times you make videos so keep going! :thup:

//==GooS

Thanks, and I know I was thinking a lot of what to say next but you should have heard the original recording :rolleyes:
I've cut a lot of them out, but as you said I will get better at it eventually.
And you're right about the manuscript, I was working with one but I noticed I paid more attention to the screen that what was on the papers, so I eventually moved on without it.

About the sound, I can choose between my logitech webcam or my usb headset. But the webcam is pretty noisy, I think and the microphone is a little too soft. Increasing the volume while editing just adds a noise sound to it.

However, I think the problem lies in the editing of mine. I heavily edited this tutorial but eventually when I get better at this, I'll think to just make an entire tutorial without pausing the recording.

However, I'm thinking of creating episode two to get the ball rolling however after that I'll wait till I have a couple of good responses on youtube. No point in creating them if no one watches to them.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's pretty good. But video tutorials for programming are kind of boring. Nothing wrong with what you doing, but because your staring at text anyways, I would just rather read it.

Oh and character is not pronounced chair-actor it's more like care-actor.

Still I wouldn't mind seeing another one.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I would love more of them but try not to move too far away from the mic. In the tutorial it sounds like you are waving you mic over your head. :p

quraji

zap
Reaction score
You have the typical accent that makes video tutorials more interesting to listen to :p

But, you didn't really explain much and I could hardly see anything anyways. The only thing you explained partially was what a variable is.

You're on Windows, you should use the magnifier (probably in docked mode with "Follow text insertion point" enabled).

Xorifelse

Reaction score
You have the typical accent that makes video tutorials more interesting to listen to :p

But, you didn't really explain much and I could hardly see anything anyways. The only thing you explained partially was what a variable is.

You're on Windows, you should use the magnifier (probably in docked mode with "Follow text insertion point" enabled).

As stated in the first post, the video's are in full HD quality. Selecting HD on the menu makes the text very readable.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Great Themis, just what I wanted. I was searching for C++ Tutorials more than one week.

+rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.