Campaign Help

Arynth

Reaction score
How's It going all, I've been a regular viewer of these forums, sadly I have never posted. I Recently registered, because I now have a simple request.

I Have been writing a small story titled: The Stone of Arnyth. In short it's about a young man who finds out hes a Dragon Lord. Jeff Alkore must stop the evil Dragon Lord from rising, to do so Jeff must learn how to handle his powers to stop the evil Dragon Lord, Baldure from rising.

I've been working on this for 7 months, I have several maps done for the campaign, but theres a lot missing. I have a few custom units, but way too many questions. I Have the basic idea for what I want for each map, but I need help, so if anyone would like to take on this project with me, I guess just message me or leave a reply. Willing to answer all questions and give examples of what my campaign has come out to so far.

It's 2 in the morning, I just got off of work, I know this looks hasty and everything, sorry about that. Thank You all for reading and for those who consider helping.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Do you have any screen shots of the models and maps? I'm not a mapper but I do love campaigns and yours seems like a fun one to play. And if you had screen shots of the maps people could give you feedback about the terrain units and such

Arynth

Reaction score
I've got a few of the models, Heres some:
Of course I did not make the models, here is the list of those who I got the models from-

Modesl and Files I used

(AzureDragonElementarist)
by General Frank

CrystalGolem
by Mc !

Teron Gorefiend
by Necrokenis

Draconian Warmage
by General Frank

Wall01
by Illidan(Evil)X

SkeletonLord
by levigeorge1617

slannesh2
by RightField

JeffAlkore.jpg

Jeff Alkore (Center) and two Dragon Warriors.

Warmodels.jpg

And a few of the other models that will be used. Sorry, It took so long.

Here goes a slightly bigger look-

JeffAlkoreStone.jpg

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Looks nice, good model choices, you say you have several maps done for the campaign so i'm assuming theres part 1 part 2 such and such, and if you're done some of the maps could you post em so we can try? or are you gonna release them all at once so people don't finish the first part then have t owait for second?

Arynth

Reaction score
Well, see thats where the problem lies. I have 5 parts done so far, but by done I mean I have the terrain, the characters, the doodads, thats it. I have no cinematic, no quests, it's just a map with characters and the moment. I have ti figue out how to work certain triggers to my advantage, thats where the help would have came in.

Arynth

Reaction score
Here goes some Terrain I'm looking at so far. I do need some help, this project is going to be probably two or three campaigns long honestly. A lot of custom units, major terrain, quests, not just your normal kill player two to win or get from point a to point b campaign. The campaign has a story behind it, and I'm hoping will let everyone in on the Characters Life, personality, give you an in depth view from their story.

untitled-1.jpg

Forest.jpg

Now granite I'm not the best terrainer alive, but one person can't make the stories, quests, terrain, spells, units, all of that by himself. There is so far twenty custom units, ranging from the Dragon Lord himself to his army of Dragon warriors to the Evil Dragon Lord Baldure and his dark minions.

Anyone who has any understanding of triggers, any understanding of custom spells or even helping with the units, anything would be appreciated. I'll post screen shots as it advances.

A

adamjosiah

I'm just learning how to put together a campaign myself, but I'm not very serious about what I'm working on and I'd like to be apart of a more thought out story, as a learning experience if anything. So let me know if you need some help.

Arynth

Reaction score
Hey, of course. Any and all help is appreciated, I'll private message you and we can take it from there. Thanks! If anyone else is interested, from the terrain to simple triggers to spells, anything and everything will help!

Arynth

Reaction score
Well, If I could get some help with Triggers and Cinematics, I could upload two tomorrow, I just need help, I understand things by doing them, not by reading, sadly thats my a huge fault when Trying to read tuts and such, I have spent nights working on trying to understand triggers, but I haven't been able to get it.

Right now I just need two basic triggers-

Character steps on circle of power, map ends
Goes to next map-
Game Cache

That way it can be played. I have the quests on paper, but I haven't been able to do the triggers for it so its useless. No quests or anything, I Have the maps designed with quests in mind is that makes any sense, I just don't know how to do the triggers, if any of that makes sense.
Thats why I have been asking for help, I Would love to let you all enjoy the Prologue, which I hope will be amazing and will explain the story fairly well. I just need a little help with everything lol.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
lol wish i knew bout mapping to help but sadly i just enjoy playing the maps not making them. Can't wait to play your map man

Arynth

Reaction score
Well, an update to the Story, adamjosiah Who posted earlier will be helping with Stone of Arynth Project, thank goodness. So if it's ok with him, we'll hopefully have the Prolouge available soon.

Thanks to all who look forward to it, we'll try not to disappoint.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you need help, it'd be better if you post your questions in its own thread in the World Editor Help Zone. If you have too many problems, make them into a single thread (but don't add more questions later!)

Arynth

Reaction score
Well, really the first post explains what all I needed, the questions came after I didn't get any help :p.

I'll make a new thread to show the updates of the campaign and to let people comment on how its going. BUT If anyone would like to help out, this is where I would prefer someone to post. Anyone who can contribute basically anything, between Models and such to just adding spells to units, anything would be greatly appreciated and of course your name would go on a special map I think were going to make just for those who decide to help.

I know many are reluctant to help out because I have not made a name for myself yet, but when the prologue is ready, I'm hoping this will inspire others to help out.

Arynth

Reaction score
Stone of Arynth update-

Me and Adam and our team has been working at our jobs in the real life, but in our free time, we have been working on this, well more him then myself, but the Campaign is coming along nicely. I know I've already promised the Prolouge should be ready soon, but give it a little bit longer folks and we'll be ready to release it.

We are also recruiting a beta tester, someone who can really tell us where to improve at and what they like about certain maps. A sort of Pro/Con List would be great.

So if anyones interested, just private message me and we'll be set.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can beta test.
I like Beta testing, and I'd say I'm quite good at it :)

Arynth

Reaction score
Hello All!

Me and the team have spent long nights and days working on this to finally bring you:
The Prologue!
and the Beta stage of The First map, which is still in the editing process.

Please give any feedback possible, good bad, what we can improve, what you liked, anything. Any Help now will certainly help when making further maps, so again, Please leave us some of your opinions!

Thank You, without further ado: The Stone of Arynth!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xtmwxddvmjs

A few notes:

Unlike what most of you may think, I and my team are both proud and nervous of this. It's our first release, and it's not just one map, it's two. We know they aren't perfect, but we hope they are fun, possibly exciting and will have you waiting for the official release of Stone of Arynth.

The folder comes with a 'Credits-' readme. Don't read if you don't want the characters revealed somewhat, all of the models we used are in that readme for the entire campaign.

Thank you all again for downloading, have fun!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.