Campaign Triggers

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Okay so my question is: Is it possible to have triggers that carry throughout Campaign maps?

Like how you can have custom data and imported data that is available in all campaign maps, can do that triggers? If so, how do you do it? Thanks.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The answer to can you do this: Yes, I have downloaded a campaign from online where this is done.

How to do: No clue, maybe save booleans checking the conditions for each trigger in a game cache like 'Player one has entered region in map 2' as your condition in the first map, save a boolean saying 'False' load it in map 2, When they enter the region, set it to true, load the boolean when they swap back to map one and it will be true so might work.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Actually, I was referring to full triggers, I know you can cross variables to other maps. This is mainly for the triggered abilities I plan to have. I need to know if you can use a full trigger in various maps.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Well, copy and paste is obvious lol, I was trying to avoid that.

Also, the map header can only contain functions not actual Triggers (as far as I know), so I don't believe that would work.

Also, how would I use GUI triggers then?

Joccaren

Reaction score
Import/Export triggers instead of copy paste. Also, what do you mean by use GUI triggers, do you want these triggers to have different effects on different maps, carry effects on to different maps Ect. as in my first post, I explained how to use booleans to do that.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You can't import or export triggers to my knowledge. And I meant that If I made a trigger in GUI how would I use it in the map header (Someone suggested using the map header).

Joccaren

Reaction score
You can export triggers. Go into your trigger editor,say file: export triggers. It should be there. (My WE has it there anyway...)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Okay I see it now, but you would still have to import them into a map which would be same as copying and pasting, which is what I wanted to avoid.

Joccaren

Reaction score
Yeah, but it does them all at once, not one at a time so it is a better way of doing it..:(

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I see what you're saying but I don't want to import every single trigger from map to map. This is for custom abilities so I would only need certain triggers. Clearly it's not possible, but thanks for helping.

Never_Quit

Reaction score
yes it is possible. you must use the game cache to import the variables from map to map.

Why do want the "triggers" tho? With triggers, entire folders can be copied and pasted from map to map without having to export and import (deleting already done triggers). Also, you can delete the triggers you dont want, if messy extra triggers are a concern. If you have full access to both maps I see no need to worry about this.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Put all of ur custom abilities in a folder and C N P the folder over? if u have newgen it transfers the variables.

Joccaren

Reaction score
It transfers the variables even without NewGen. Just tick the 'Create unknown variables when pasting triggers' Box in your preferances panel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.