Can those spells cause error?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I was testing my map, and one hero (enemy) casted either:

-blink
-entangling roots
-banish

when was attacked. I wonder if there is any way those abilities could cause critical error. I shall add those are edited, but NOT affected by any triggers.

Blink has no effect time.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
no crit error on them, as long as each spell is using a different base order id.. and u said no triggers in effect, thats more reason those spell will not cause crit error.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I tell you what, one of those just have. I was a hero attacking them, and one hero just casted either blink to run away, tangle on me to stop me, and banish either on himself or me to stop attacking. Question is which one as last thing I've seen was me nearly hiting the target hero and him starting a casting animation.

educator

Reaction score
if it was one of those spells that caused it it will likely to have been banish if you were attacking it when it happend it might have caused an error:confused:. but you'll probably find that it was caused by somethn else.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
the only standard spell i know so far that crash in games is flamepillar.

..in my map i was so thinking it was something else, like "how could it possibly be blizzard coded spell" , till i found the exact hero combo that crashed the map..

i put flamepillar with a different cooldown and sfx on a custom hero, and a standard bloodmage casted flamepillar at the same time.. then i was meet with an instant game crash .

so with that said , so far the blizzard spells that i know off that will cause crashs are Flamepilla and metamorphsis with a long transformation time(not duration).

i dont think the 3 you mentioned there would cause any crash

what you can look for is ,

- while blink might not crash the game, you might be blinking into a region of your map that uses triggers and might be causing an infinite loop

-Entangling roots might crash on spells that use knockback (i highly doubt)

-banish i highly doubt would cause anything

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Most likely they are affected by triggers, you just missed them (as in, you didn't make a trigger for them, but in another, they are included against your will).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.