Can you use your laptop's AC Adapter as an ironing machine??

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Since,

A. It's a fact that it gets hot. Very hot.
B. It stays that way as long as the laptop is turned on, or the current is still going.
C. It is known to dry up moisture nearby.

Can I use it as my ironing machine? It seems safe, no worries about getting clothes burnt, and best of all, this:

If the clothing is just plain damp, put the still charging AC Adapter on top of a piece of thin napkin, and let the napkin get hot. Then hold the AC Adapter with the napkin, and rub it along the damp clothing. The napkin soaks up the moisture, and the water evaporates very quickly (small amounts + heat = vapor).

Oh yeah, an ingenious idea, eh? :thup:

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Yes, it's great. :rolleyes:

It's about as great, as using it to heat up your bath while sitting in the water (disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any loss of life such a stupid behaviour could cause).

Next time: keep your "ingenious" ideas for yourself.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
It's just discussing some things, not saying that this is my ingenious idea, or whatever you would say. Besides, that's just an expression, not truly ingenious.

I would like for some opinions. Thanks for all that matters.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
We all have a laptop with an AC Adapter, and enough to pay the light bill, yet no iron?! This is madness!

But, if you are any serious (which I seriously hope you're not), it isn't the same, as the Iron is safe from burns (Depends on what side you grab it on) while an AC Adapter is not. Yes, you can hold it with a napkin, but thanks to endothermic and exothermic heat thingy, you might get burned. Also, the Iron is specially made to iron clothes, therefore, it is expected to work perfectly for ironing clothes. While the AC Adapter has never been thought to be used as an iron... until now.

Hehe long post :p

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I say go for the actual iron. It does the job well. :p

And I didn't even know this was a spam forum. :rolleyes:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
But it sure is hot. Oh, well. Nevermind. I rest my case.I thought I could be like the LifeHacker, using common items as a new appliance to use for other things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.