Can't get NewGen .5c to test map in full-screen mode?

MintJulep

Reaction score
This is a minor, but annoying problem - I recently got 1.5c and now it won't ever test map in full screen mode. The Grimoire "Start War3 in -window" is checked off, and I tried with both -opengl and without it. This wasn't a problem for me with 1.5b...Is there any way to get my test maps to full screen (or alternatively, a button sequence that can convert windowed to full screen)?

RodyisGod

Reaction score
This is a minor, but annoying problem - I recently got 1.5c and now it won't ever test map in full screen mode. The Grimoire "Start War3 in -window" is checked off, and I tried with both -opengl and without it. This wasn't a problem for me with 1.5b...Is there any way to get my test maps to full screen (or alternatively, a button sequence that can convert windowed to full screen)?

Well why do you want too 'test'in full screen anyways?
its just testing, if its gonna be abig test, just have warcraft 3 opened, on local network or battle.net on the folder 'test maps' and play it there.

RaiJin

Reaction score
under grimoire

uncheck this:

Start war3 with -window

that shuld fix it

MintJulep

Reaction score
Well why do you want too 'test'in full screen anyways?
its just testing, if its gonna be abig test, just have warcraft 3 opened, on local network or battle.net on the folder 'test maps' and play it there.

Well, since I'm terraining/spellmaking right now I'd like to look at everything carefully from the player's perspective to make sure the details are correct. That's a bit easier the larger the image is on my screen. On that note, panning the screen is a lot harder in windowed mode (not to mention the windowed mode is automatically widescreen on my computer, instead of 4:3 as I would like).

under grimoire

uncheck this:

Start war3 with -window

that shuld fix it

Thanks, but this hasn't been working for some reason for my 1.5c (as said in my first post).

RaiJin

Reaction score
Well, since I'm terraining/spellmaking right now I'd like to look at everything carefully from the player's perspective to make sure the details are correct. That's a bit easier the larger the image is on my screen. On that note, it's also much more annoying scrolling around in windowed mode.

Thanks, but this hasn't been working for some reason for my 1.5c (as said in my first post).

weird because i swear it works for me lol

MintJulep

Reaction score
Yep, I've been doing everything - toggling those options on and off (with tests in each possible state), restarting the program, restarting my computer, redownloading NewGen.

RaiJin

Reaction score
Yep, I've been doing everything - toggling those options on and off (with tests in each possible state), restarting the program, restarting my computer, redownloading NewGen.

are you sure you have edited anything? because its working perfectly for me

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Just maximize the window. Its the same as normal wc3

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Just maximize the window. Its the same as normal wc3
No it's not...

Redownloading didn't work? Odd.
Does this only happen with Newgen (try the normal editor)?

MintJulep

Reaction score
are you sure you have edited anything? because its working perfectly for me

I don't think so, I did re-download everything just to make sure. I have no idea why this might be happening...:confused:

Redownloading didn't work? Odd.
Does this only happen with Newgen (try the normal editor)?

Yes - even more specifically, only with NewGen 1.5c. I still have 1.5b in a different folder, and it does full-screen testing fine.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
It could be a registry problem? Try it.
Go in start > Run
Type regedit
press enter
press Ctrl-F
search warcraft
look for a path and see if it contains -window
do this for all the paths by pressing F3 to proceed to the next result

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.