Cant Host My Map!

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
Hi! I am working on a map called Harry Potter and the Battle of the Ministry, and I got a really annoying problem. There is something called Compatibilityfiles (or how to translate it to english). On the pic, its just a copy of my map that I've put there, and when I click on Compatibilityfiles, is it like I open a hidden map in the map. Sometimes, when I really try, I can host it, but I have no idea how I made... Now have I tried to host it for ower an hour. Tried to save as annother name and delete the last one, change it and tried to change some options. But I cant still host it. Sometime I can see it in the map list (in game) and sometime not. And for the most of the times I see it (in game) I click on it (single player) no players are there in the list. I mean like Open and Computer (Normal) and these. When I'm trying on b.net, after giving it a name it says; The game was not found.

Pllz help me, cause this is really annoying. I will rep ya forever if some1 find out what it is! Thx in advance!

Attachments

• Namnlös.jpg
    Namnlös.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 311

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I believe a map + it's pathway only can have a certain amount of symbols.
Meaning: if your map name is too long, it won't show up in the list when you try to host your game.

I'm not sure if this is true or not.
Try renaming your map 'a.w3x', put it in C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps/Download (or wherever you installed Wc3), and see if you can host it.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Yeah. If it has 28 characters or more, it cannot be seen in Warcraft 3.
The pathway, I believe, has no effect. Only the file name.

Raveren

Reaction score
Hmmm... Well... Did You saw the attachment? This map have 17 characters I think. So name isnt too long. But well, try changing name to HPBotM Anyway. :D

rApp

Reaction score
I see that you uses Windows Vista.
(This might sound lika a huge failure :p)
Anyway, have you changed so that Warcraft3 will run as administrator? :)

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
Hmmm... Well... Did You saw the attachment? This map have 17 characters I think. So name isnt too long. But well, try changing name to HPBotM Anyway. :D

and the map I am working on, that is in the Compatibilityfiles thing is just called hp.w3x...

I see that you uses Windows Vista.
(This might sound lika a huge failure :p)
Anyway, have you changed so that Warcraft3 will run as administrator? :)

Yes

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>The game was not found.
Protected it with a map protector?
Due to I got this error last night, after I used an "old" version of Vexorian's Map Optimizer. Try download the newest version of it, 4.8.

>>I mean like Open and Computer (Normal) and these.
Scenario > Player Properties >....

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
I already got the latest version, and I havn't even protect it when I'm trying to host it...

Look at this pic, thats what I mean with the problem with the players...

Attachments

• Namnlös.png
    Namnlös.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 325

RaiJin

Reaction score
The Game was not found?? ( sorry i didn't read everything i gotta go somewhere )

i have experienced this yesterday and the solution is within your triggers, i had a problem with one of my systems the minute i disabled one of them, the map was able to host

It has something to do with your triggers

GL in finding it i hope you maybe have an idea on which one it is

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.