cast itembased skill through triggers

LightChaosma

Reaction score
well, is this possible?

i have a skill based of the wand of illusion skill, but i cant find the skill in the list...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
item skills have IDs, some numbercodes like 825631. you have to check what ID this ability has with a trigger like this:
E:
unit is issued an order targeting a unit
C:
A:
display issued order to all players

then you have got to use custom script to order your unit.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wand of Illusion and other items skills have order Id's there just not shown. You will have to use custom script to get them and use them. Don't quote me on this but I believe you can use the command Custom Script GetAbilityId() To get what you want. You'd have to set it to a variable and then use Call UnitCastAbility(variable) To cast it. I'm not in front of my editor so I'm not sure if these the correct functions. If you have newgen you can convert an empty trigger to custom text and then look up the functions in the function list.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
ah, k, thx, following this:

is there a way to preform actions on the spawned unit inside the same trigger?

like pick last summoned unit or so and do actions...

LightChaosma

Reaction score
unfortionatly not... i guess splitting the trigger in 2 would be the solution here...

on the other hand, that would making it MUI a damn hard task...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how about posting your trigger, might make it alot more easier for us to understand you.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
sure, but i doubt you'll understand much more of it, its the most basic of a trigger atm ;)

Code:
clone circle
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Clonne Circle 
    Actions

Set tempint[1] = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
        Set tempint[2] = (20 + (10 x tempint[1]))
        Set temppoint[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set temppoint[2] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Set Circlereal[1] = (Distance between temppoint[1] and temppoint[2])
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to tempint[2], do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 herodummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temppoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Hero - Create Wand of Illusioncust and give it to (Last created unit)
                Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[1])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[2])

currently preparing it for MUI, but using a second trigger to detect the spawned units by this one.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
are you sure "last created item" works for items created via "create item for hero" actions?

LightChaosma

Reaction score
yup, it creates the closes, so it works

this works, i just need a way to detect these illusions created by this, but i'm already half way ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
oh. you want the illusions to cast something? dang misunderstood you sorry. well, i would try "a unit enters playable map area" sorry mate.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
hmm, well i want them initially to form a circle arround the targeted unit, wich is the point at wich i'm stuck atm... but i'll figure it out i guess, dont reply the folowing minutes, only if i edit this post ;)

LightChaosma

Reaction score
hehe, i have no problem making a circle renendaru, its just i have no way to identifie those units atm, but working on it ;)

hehe, problem solved:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.