Catastrophic Error - Help Please

U

Unregistered

Currently I have bought BF 1942: The Complete Collection ( this comes after the following). I used to own the Anthology set, but that was lost and all that remained was the first cd. So I borrowed my neighbors version (which was only the original, and he didn't play it any more so he pretty much let me have it) and it had two deep scratches in it and it wouldn't install completely. I decided to try installing it with the first cd of the anthology (which, as I said, is the only cd left) and the verification code worked. I was amazed and waited for the installation to ask for the second cd. I finally put the second cd in and it complained about some error. Awhile after, I bought BF 1942: TCC. I put the cd in and told it to install. The installation complained about a "catastrophic error" so I proceded to uninstall whatever was left of the other installations. I first tried to uninstall through ' Add or Remove Programs ' and it also complained about a catastrophic error. I then went into My Computer and deleted everything I could find with BF 1942 (including doing a system search). I tried the installation again, and it still wouldn't work. So I searched the web for a solution and found this site, but didn't find any help here (though there are two forums on this, but not much sense is to be made of them) and so I now proceded to post this post.
Any help would be appreciated.

U

Unregistered

Sorry, little error. It is catastrophic failure, not error.

U

Unregistered

Although I recieved no help from this forum, I fixed the problem by doing a system restoration a few days before I tried to install the game with the other versions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.