Change spawn location of trained Unit - How to?

kioSk

Reaction score
I want trained units (the marine to be specific) to spawn on a location other than next to the Barracks (a point on the map I defined).

Thanks a lot!

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Easily done in a single trigger.

Event "Unit is created"
Place Conditions as needed. (unittype of created unit == Marine?)
Action: "Move unit instantly" (Created unit) to (your point variable)

kioSk

Reaction score
Of course....

Thanks!
I forgot about the condition... SO when I tried this, ALL units spawned in the wrong place...

kioSk

Reaction score
Hey,

this worked really nice. But now I want to spawn a Zergling at a location. Problem is, that the standard ability to create a Zergling is Morph. If I use an Orbital Command to create a Zergling, instead it morphes.

Do I need to create an Ability, that triggers the creation of a Zergling or can this be done easier?

Thanks in advance,
kioSk

Dangime

Reaction score
You can make a building train a zergling.

I made a hatchery train a drone rather than morph one.

Try using the queen birth ability. Its a zerg ability, it trains rather than morphs. Its what I used to train my drones.

coolcool1994

Reaction score
So, you said it should be easy, but it ended up being the hardest thing for me! The most simple thing doesn't work. here is what i did

Event: Unit - Gateway (1907310blablabal) creates a unit with abillitu Any or behavior Any
Actions: Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to the point(where i want it) Location

I want any units that spawn from gateway to automatically move to the location I want. I played with Condition because you said I need it, it still does not work. Do you have any recommandations?

Oh and in addition, I have one specifc questions. With one click zealot from the gateway, I want 4 zealots to spawn in the far away region, not 1 zealot. Do you know how to do this too?

Easily done in a single trigger.

Event "Unit is created"
Place Conditions as needed. (unittype of created unit == Marine?)
Action: "Move unit instantly" (Created unit) to (your point variable)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.