Changing a marines wireframe like combat shield upgrade

tachiKC

Reaction score
I've been trying to make an upgrade that changes the wireframe of a marine into a warpig. Everything works except that it doesnt make the marines on the map look like warpigs. The group icon image changes, but not the actual unit itself.

I've changed both the group - icon image as well as the wireframe - image in the effects - date reference field but so far I'm having zero luck. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
:banghead:

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
The wireframe image is actually not the in-game image. The wireframe is the unit image that shows up in the UI bar when you select a unit, the one that's colored differently depending on how damaged it is.

To change the unit's actual appearance you have to change it's actor.
When you select the unit in the data editor, you can should see several actors linked to it in the lower left window. One of these actors should be simply named Marine.
Select this actor and look for the field entry "Model" - change this one to the Warpig.

Generally, when you want to change something on a unit's appearance the first thing to look for is always the unit's actors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.