Changing a units attack type

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
You could change the actual unit (by using things like morphs or Chaos).

Upgrades are also another possibility. You can change an attack type with an upgrade, but conventionally, the unit's attack type can only be changed once.

Something you could try with upgrades, is having 1 upgrade for each attack type (ie. Chaos Upgrade, Magic Upgrade, Siege Upgrade, etc.), which have a huge amount of levels (like 1000). Then, when you want to change the attack type of a unit, give the unit to the unused player, use the relevant upgrade, and give it back.

Best way I reckon is to use morphs / Chaos. Don't like upgrades (plus I haven't tested it).

aliminator8

Reaction score
I reckon you should create multiple units of diferent types, this process can be simplified if you use Jass New Gen's object merger which will allow you to basically create your units in the trigger editor by typing a script for each unit, this is what i did when i wanted to make like 50 creeps with a forumla for health and other values... so i just typed the values in excell then combined them with the code and copied it into the trigger editor, but yeh im just baffling on. You should check out http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125678 for a tutorial about object merger

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Its possible with Chaos in theory, but it kinda requires an envinronment where everything is triggered and stuff like that.

But I have seen people using Chaos for spells that for example incerease attack range when activated, so I guess you could do something similiar with your attack and armor types.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.