Cheap Computer

zll7

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get a cheap desktop computer tower only... I doesent need to be brand new... It could be a year or to old but be be top of the line or close to it back then... Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
What is your definition of 'Cheap'?

www.tigerdirect.com has some pretty cheap prices for refurbished type things.

www.ebay.com as always

or

Dell has some pretty good deals, i'm sure you could find something that just has a tower.

zll7

Reaction score
I was thinking any where up to like $300 or $400... With good capabilities... Mainly for gaming...

zll7

Reaction score
Yeah i was thinking of getting something with a good processor and just upgrading the ram... but every thing seems a little to pricy for me...

I think im just gona look or try to a cmpany or buisness goin out of buisness... I got my other comp for $20 with monitor included... It has a 2.5 GHz processor in it too... :D what a deal... And for a price im willing to pay.

N

NRinpun

Look into the Dells, I'll look at my model number and see if I can help you.

While it doesn't excel at gaming (gaming computers stink IMO because you can't do anything particularly useful with them besides gaming AND they're very expensive), it has a 3 ghz processor and, with a 5200 or so Nvidia card, it plays Guild Wars (a relatively high graphics game equivalent to Doom in that field) quite well.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
:eek: guild wars is no where near doom, guild wars requires only a 64mb video card! and doom3 at least 128 and u can clearly tell, compare the graphics, both on highest quality doom3 has way better graphics

N

NRinpun

I tried Doom 3 for an extent and wasn't at all impressed. A lot of the polygons are wasted--I'm convinced those extra 64 bits are for unneeded graphics. I can pick out all the triangles on a monster, and I can do the same for characters in Guild Wars. Those graphics, I can see, are for doing the volumetrics, such as the blood on the walls and other cruddy stuff.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
zll7 said:
Where is a good place to get a cheap desktop computer tower only... I doesent need to be brand new... It could be a year or to old but be be top of the line or close to it back then... Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Dell listed this in its latest issue.

Dimension 2400
-Celeron 2.4ghz
-XP Home edition
-Corel WordPerfect 12
-256 DDR ram
-Intel Integrated Graphics
-48x CD-Rom
-10/100 Ethernet
-90 day warranty /tech support
-15" flat panel - add $100

$299 after $50 mail in rebate. Cheapest I ever saw.

You can always disable the integrated graphics and add in your own card.

The Dimension 3000 has 19" flat panel, and Intel Graphics 2, for $529 after rebate.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt take it, cuz of the RAM meh rather just build my own :)

B

Bokin

NRinpun said:
While it doesn't excel at gaming (gaming computers stink IMO because you can't do anything particularly useful with them besides gaming AND they're very expensive.

I dont agree...IMO if you have a comp built for gaming it surpasses all specs for doing just about anything else. So if you want to be able to do anything with your comp just build it with gaming in mind. The rest is just software.

N

Novacane

If you are able to assemble a computer or have people willing to assist, you can build a pretty amazing machine cheaply by buying parts from ebay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.