cheat detector (string)?

AoK_

Reaction score
sup , u didnt answer or saw that question yesterday :p
how can i fix chat string ( if somone write keysersoze it set money to 0 (or better to last money that he have )) is it possible ?

Lanboy

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
you cant detect cheats from what ive heard

though, if your map is a multiplayer map, you can disable single player to stop people from using cheats

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It is nearly impossible to disable the cheats.

There are several ways to disable cheats though, like to remove the fog, you can create a trigger which constantly recreates the fog which has not yet been discovered..

The gold would be difficult, but you could make a trigger which would every few seconds check how much gold the player had. Then when the player typed anything it would revert his gold to a few seconds ago.

Hope this helps,
Knights:cool:

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to (((Triggering player) Current gold) - (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 13, -1)))))

You need this?

AoK_

Reaction score
yes i think that what i want :) that the end that i had wrong i think :) i'll try these command home lately thanks !

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
yeah..welcome...

>that the end that i had wrong i think
What you think wrong about?

>i'll try these command home lately thanks !
Goodluck :D

Lanboy

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to (((Triggering player) Current gold) - (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 13, -1)))))

You need this?

Pretty sure that doesn't work

if only it was that simple :p

exge

Reaction score
you cant detect them as chat events

im currently working on a anti cheat system currently it can detect

whosyourdaddy
thereisnospoon
iseedeadpeople
greedisgood
keysersoze
leaftittome

it will even show how much gold you tried to cheat
like if you typed greedisgood 1000 it will tell you that you used 1000
and no, it doesnt rely on chat events at all

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that when playing on multiplayer all cheats are automatically disabled. So if someone tries to type a cheat code, nothing happens.
This, of course, doesn't set their gold to 0 for TRYING to cheat. But then again, problem already solved..

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
You can't cheat in battle.net cheats are disabled, they can't be used. You type a cheat? It looks like any other chat message...

Edit: Gah Exide!

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
cheat codes are not case-sensitive, meaning that you would have to do an event for:

* GreedIsGood
* greedisgood
* Greedisgood
* GreEdiSgoOd

etc.

And even though you register every single combination I'm not sure it would work.

I guess a periodic timer might work that checks suspicous sudden gold increases or something, still a pretty lame solution though.

Though there are methods of detecting cheats, it is really much easier to make the map unplayable in single-player (assuming it is a multi-player map).

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
if you use player - chat message will it be case sensitive?
i dont think so, probably only if you have a condition running to check the string
eg.
Entered Chat String = greedisgood

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Entered Chat String = greedisgood

If you do a comparison like that, it is case-sensitive.

killbuzz

Reaction score
> Entered Chat String = greedisgood

If you do a comparison like that, it is case-sensitive.

if you use player - chat message it is not case sensitive. i've already tested that with a repick system on one of my maps.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
I swear all cheats are disabled on battle.net, like everyone else said..

What is the map type? The only map type that this would matter on would be a map that saves your gold(RPG's). On those, most people disable single player. o.o

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
There's also a "string case" function that changes a string to all caps or all lower.
However, cheating isn't chatting.

And it only works single-player anyway.

G

Gojhin

if you're making a multiplayer game where say, you could save your hero with a -save/-load system and it saves their gold you could just make a trigger to check if only 1 player is in the game at the start of the map, then if there is just 1 person you can turn on a single player mode, which would merely turn the saving and loading triggers off. that way even if they cheat they cant save their hero or gold or anything and play a rigged character in a multiplayer game.

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Instead of checking if there's only one player, there's a JASS constant that tells you if the game is single player or on lan/b.net, bj_isSinglePlayer. When the game starts, simply check that and if it's true, defeat the player with the message "Please play the game on LAN or host it on Battle.net".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.