• Mabye, if I couldn't find my other favorite games I'd join

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Na, I don't like escapes

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Ok. My Game I am making is like Polar Escape with a different story line. You are many kirbys. You are being hunted by the all powerfull Illidin. Forced into the freezing cold, you must flee with your lives or be doomed forever.

In this game:
-Don't touch the enemies or risk being captured
-You will have slide (controlling)
-Some ice is uncontrollable
-(I'm not sure how to do this but) Half or so way through you gain abilities and damage to fight your enemies.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd join this AND host it.

To add abilities, use Unit - add ability

I would host more then join as well because pretty much ALL escape maps have delay (unexplained, since other maps don't :banghead:)

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I said maybe because it always depends on how long it is and how well done it is... I am not going to play an escape that is 2 hours long and is absolutely boring... You catch my drift? Although, TheHelper members are usually very good :D

GOOD LUCK!

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Thanks

>I am not going to play an escape that is 2 hours long and absolutely boring
-I am aiming to make the game roughly between 30-45 minutes and don't worry about it being bad. (I have been posing a thread about every little thing I am not completly shure about and I am asking people on wc3 if my ideas sound good or bad :p)

Well if you have any better unit or custom modeled unit tell me if its better than kirby!

remix

Reaction score
sounds cool, can't wait for the release, but is the any way that I can help ??

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I chose Maybe (You spelt Mabye? :p)
I don't like escapes, because they are all the same.
"Don't tuch this terrain"
"Wait til the wisp goes there and CLICK CLICK CLICK!!!!"
etc.

But yours looks like it might require some skill. If you can make it so that you need to think besides "When to go", but "Where to go" instead, it should be worth it. I like puzzles :D

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Well give ideas you'd like it to have. Actually my goal is to make a new type of escapes! Btw sorry for spelling error!

@ remix
You can give Ideas :)

I don't want to sound like a little stupid kid but when I was little I played pokemon right? There is a thing in it with ice that you need to obviously get to the end. It wasn't just skate to the end because the ice was (uncontrollable) You had to move to a rock. Move to another rock etc to get a straight path to the end.

esb

Reaction score

By that you mean that you will go into a "room" or area, where you will slide in a straight line until an object (wall, rock, etc.) stops you right?
Well I liked the pokemon game one :p
Maybe you could do one more complex.
Here are a few maps... hope you've played pokemon :p or understand what I mean:

Ice Path:
pokemon_gs_ice_path.gif

Another one:
001_floor_all.png

Non-Ice related, but maybe you make players need to go through the level using every square :p
pokemon_rs_sootopolis_gym.gif

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Well, if it is a racing escape (people race to the end), you could make a trigger where if a person says: "f*** you!" or "faggot" etc. they either go RIGGGGGGGHHHHHHT to the beginning and start from scratch for being noobish or you could simply make them lose :p

This will keep people from swearing and cursing and making others uncomfortable and restless..

I would also like it if you have your minimap display blacked out so that people can't see if they are going in the right direction... And, if you really want them not to know if they are at the right place... you can make boundaries so that it looks like they are close to the topright but they're FAAAAAR away! :p

^ To top that up you could make multiple paths that go to dead ends and teleport points to random points in he map...

I hope this is all relevant :p

PiCk :cool:

esb

Reaction score
You can make different ways of winning. If they are just racing to see who gets first, second, third, etc. or have a timer.

Also, make it random. Because in most escapes (actually all) that i've played, they have Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, ....
but you could do
Start at level 1, then go to a random level, next random level (don't repeat) so that players are scattered, and they don't follow other players.

You can also add the need for teamwork. You can't win the game if a player is un-rescued. (They are un-rescued when they touch a wrong unit, or go into the wrong terrain :p) So instead of dying, they are captured. Players would need to go somewhere and rescue them, or complete a hard challenge to free them.

I read your story lines... Kirbys with illidan? >_< lol...

BloodReaver

Reaction score

By that you mean that you will go into a "room" or area, where you will slide in a straight line until an object (wall, rock, etc.) stops you right?
Well I liked the pokemon game one :p
Maybe you could do one more complex.
Here are a few maps... hope you've played pokemon :p or understand what I mean:

Ice Path:
pokemon_gs_ice_path.gif

Another one:
001_floor_all.png

Non-Ice related, but maybe you make players need to go through the level using every square :p
pokemon_rs_sootopolis_gym.gif

That is exactly what I mean and I will make it harder. The only problem is finding out how to do it! Because if I have somethint just stop them than they cant move again. Or if I give them a little piece of land they can go diagonal and easily do it!

@Pick
Mabye you can help me with that? o_O Should I make it a choice for red? Or they vote on it?

esb

Reaction score
You can make them go only Up, Down, Left, or Right.

I'm not sure how slide triggers work, but when they "stop" at a wall/rock/object, you can stop sliding, I think...

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Here will trigger off Player 2's cursing only...

Code:
AntiCursing
    Events
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing f*** you as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing faggot as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing d*** as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing go to hell as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing your mother as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing your ma as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (Player group(Player 2 (Blue))) for 30.00 seconds the text: Please do not curse...
        Dialog - Change the title of AntiCurseDialog to ((Name of Player 2 (Blue)) +  has cursed. Please select his/her penalty...)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for AntiCurseDialog labelled Kick the noob...
        Set Kick = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for AntiCurseDialog labelled Let him/her start a...
        Set RestartPlayer = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Show AntiCurseDialog for Player 1 (Red)
        Trigger - Turn on AntiCursing <gen>

This will enable penalties for Player 2 after cursing...

Code:
DialogButtonsForPlayer2
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for AntiCurseDialog
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Kick
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 2 (Blue)) +  has been kicked for cursing... Please don't curse...)
                Game - Defeat Player 2 (Blue) with the message: You cursed...
            Else - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Clicked dialog button) Equal to RestartPlayer
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 2 (Blue)) +  has been moved to the beggining for cursing... Please don't curse...)
                Unit - Move Unit[2] instantly to (Center of Start <gen>)
            Else - Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

This is only Player 3 and it will take some time to do all of them unless you do them with If / Then / Else Multiple Functions...

Happy to help!

esb

Reaction score
>Here will trigger off Player 2's cursing only...
There are 252y52651025 ways of saying a curse word differently. Especially using 1337.
And I don't think it is necessary to not allow them to curse...
Actually, that would discourage people to play if you can't curse :p

BloodReaver

Reaction score
That is true but cursing is bad. I am not going to add that but thankyou for all the triggers. Can you help me with the idea about race to the finish? I want it to be a teamwork but it could be level if you get to the end?

Is kirby ok though? Suggest another hero if not!

esb

Reaction score
If you want Illidan to be the bad guy, and he is on ice (Could be Northrend) then ghouls (undead) could try to get to him :p
Dranei (Since akama is planning a revolt) could also replace kirby.

But really, It's up to you since it's your map :p

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
ill help make the map if you need help ive made couple of mazes and i enjoy making maps that involve sliding levels i find them much more fun than boring point and click around patrolers like most maze/escape maps. heres the link for the small maze i made, since i reformated my good mazes were lost since it wasnt properly copied to my portable hard drive :(
Icey Maze v15 Please reply if you want to, i got some good ideas other than patrols and basic stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.