Chrome Internet Browser

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
wow I just downloaded it, and I'm really impressed!

build in spell-check lovely design, wow! :eek: only bad thing so far is that you don't have allot of options to choose from.
_______

does anyone know how to make some kind of bar above the tabs to lower them?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Favorites?

You don't need any.
Bookmarks are for people that don't know what they're looking for.

A search feature, and a search feature that actually finds stuff I might add, is a total win there.

Just forget them. You won't miss them either.

> lower the em?

em? Who?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
Favorites?
> lower the em?

em? Who?

the tabs
_________

make google chrome compatible with Java

to get Java to work on your Google chrome will need to get a Java update which is in development, luckily for you there is a beta here

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 312

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do agree that I think that the tabs are too high on the screen. But I suppose they are not in the way up there.

AceHart

Reaction score
> like IE

Well, use IE...

You're completely missing the concept here.

IE (and most others) is a browser with tabs.
And one URL bar.

Chrome is a parent manager with a couple of browsers (tabs) inside.
Each browser window has it's own Omnibar.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I'm using it now. It's fast. :D
I think I'm getting used to Chrome. I want add-ons now :p

AceHart

Reaction score
Well, for the really adventurous, someone managed to replace the "default.dll" with a custom theme: Chrome themes.
It's a bit weird to use as you have to actually replace the .dll file...

Untested, unverified, use at own risk.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
After testing it i found...

That on some video sites it seems to lock up a bit and/or go alot slower then Firefox.

But that's only if the site has 30-40 videos going on.

I switched browsers and it ran alot faster on firefox.

But i relly like the look and feel of chrome. so i am not uninstalling firefox just yet.

But its still beta. :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Posting this with Google Chrome. It is fast. Really fast. (Tried with several websites)

BTW, I just noticed. The textareas can be expanded :eek:. I personally find this awesome :D.

chrome.jpg

Also, I have to say that I like the interface. Nice and clean, stylish, not too overwhelming.

I have to say that I will start using it after it passes the BETA stage, prolly replacing one of the 3 browsers I'm already using or using it as a 4th :D.

EDIT: videos work for me.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I downloaded it, and i like the overall feel of it. The dynamic tabs are nice, and they are a bit of a change from the other browsers.

It is fast. I've read through some "documentation" and I found that Chrome, once installed, should open faster than all other browsers and have about the same speed as FF3. Which is a major plus for something still in its beta version.

As already said, it is still in beta. Meaning that the "cons" many people have with chrome, may easily be implemented and/or changed in future versions. I know it isnt as easy as complaining to google and them then adding it, but if they are smart they will take some information from the public to make it better.

In comparison to FF3 and IE, i would say that Chrome falls short of FF3 in the customisation area, however Chromes clean finish on the interface is a big plus.

And as for IE, it took about half a dozen major version updates to get it to the standard that Chrome is at right now in regards to speed, ease of use and overall good feel. So really, i see Chrome going very far.

Overall, the layout is nice and modern. Even though there are no proper custom interfaces as of yet, but once again its still in beta.

Seeing that it is still in beta, i see a lot of potential for this browser, and because of googles big brand name, i see this expanding very, very fast.

AceHart

Reaction score
Here's a couple interesting URLs to type in the address bar:

about:memory
about:stats
about:network
about:histograms
about:plugins
about:cache
about:dns

about:version

about:internets

about:crash

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, I just noticed. The textareas can be expanded . I personally find this awesome .

They can be expanded anyway, Use the arrows(
resize_0.gif
and
resize_1.gif
)

The most annoying thing I found about chrome is that the highlighting seems really sensitive. For example, when I want to highlight a single line, I click the end, drag to the other end, but it also highlights the above few lines unless I go to a specific position.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
They can be expanded anyway, Use the arrows(
resize_0.gif
and
resize_1.gif
)

I already knew that, but with Chrome's expanding you can expand width as well and the forum's feature allows you to expand with a fixed amount, while Chrome's expanding is not fixed in any way.

After Chromes gets out of beta and a stable version is released I'm leaving IE to dust and moving to Chrome as my main browser.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the interested, or people with weird needs on "save as", an update to 0.2.149.29 is out.

Tools / About ...

What's new in this one?
What's changed? :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google: Chrome "save as" bug
Most likely not something you really notice...

Not at all.
The thing I want changed is the over-sensitive highlighting.

I actually open up firefox and close chrome because of it sometimes :p

AceHart

Reaction score
> The thing I want changed is the over-sensitive highlighting

Well, given you're the only one world-wide to have noticed that "feature", or, rather, a feature with that feature, you're in for a long wait.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.