Chrome Internet Browser

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> The thing I want changed is the over-sensitive highlighting

Well, given you're the only one world-wide to have noticed that "feature", or, rather, a feature with that feature, you're in for a long wait.
Most likely :p
Maybe I'm just used to the under-sensitive Firefox highlighting?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Another reason to switch from Firefox to Chrome:
http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/windows-vista-feedback/

The page lags for me in Firefox when scrolling. Chrome is completely smooth scrolling. :D (Don't ask me why I was looking at a Windows Vista page ;))

I also love how chrome opens up the tabs next to the tab that opened it, rather than at the end every time. It's annoying having to move the mouse from one side of the screen to the other if I have a lot open in Firefox. (Wow, we really are getting lazy, aren't we? :eek:)

I'm missing the adblocking quite a lot, however. Certain pages are just annoying to look at when you see more than 10 ads on screen at once.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Another reason to switch from Firefox to Chrome:
http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/windows-vista-feedback/

The page lags for me in Firefox when scrolling. Chrome is completely smooth scrolling. :D (Don't ask me why I was looking at a Windows Vista page ;))
1. I don't want to know.
2. No lag for me....

I also love how chrome opens up the tabs next to the tab that opened it, rather than at the end every time. It's annoying having to move the mouse from one side of the screen to the other if I have a lot open in Firefox. (Wow, we really are getting lazy, aren't we? :eek:)
FF has ctrl+pg up or down, makes life easier.

I'm missing the adblocking quite a lot, however. Certain pages are just annoying to look at when you see more than 10 ads on screen at once.
FF addons FTW

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah not touching Chrome again until it has AdBlock. Proxiy or whatever it was called didn't work to well for me blocking ads.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Chrome is quite good for starters, all we need for it to improve now is that it would be compatible with some sites in the near future. Some sites are not yet compatible with chrome. But when it comes to loading, I would prefer Safari, I like how the order of items is loaded in Safari.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I agree, I've been using Safari for so long now, I tried using FF3 and it felt so awkward.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
im using it now, simply because its so light - but it really does need Ad Block - I never realized how nice it was with FF until I don't have it now with Chrome

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
im using it now, simply because its so light - but it really does need Ad Block - I never realized how nice it was with FF until I don't have it now with Chrome

Yup, same here. It also can't ctrl+scroll to zoom in to make flash or images larger. (Only text). :(

It's really useful when you are trying to watch a small flash on newgrounds or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.