Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Power Ring Level 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Ring (Level 2)
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove AbilityRingEquipped[(Integer A)] from Hero
      • Hero - Create RingEquiped and give it to Hero
      • Set RingEquiped = Power Ring (Level 2)
      • Set AbilityRingEquipped[1] = Haste (Level 2)
      • Set AbilityRingEquipped[2] = Cleave
      • Set AbilityRingEquipped[3] = NothingAbility
      • Set AbilityRingEquipped[4] = NothingAbility
      • Unit - Add Haste (Level 2) to Hero
      • Unit - Add Cleave to Hero <(--- This is my problem
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Hero of type RingEquiped)

The above trigger activates when the player equips the hero’s ring
It then removes any previous ring abilities and adds the new rings abilities. It then gives the hero the ring he currently has equipped and removes the ring he’s equipping from their inventory.

Basically, I don’t want Cleaves (Cleaving Attack) Icon to show up when added to the hero. I want it to work like other item abilities. Life Steal etc

Yes, I’m garbage at explaining things, but it isn’t my fault. My mother was a raging alcoholic drinking bottles of absinth when she was pregnant and my father dropped me on my head several times. (I'm just kidding, but I like to make excuses)

PLEASE don’t tell me the only way around this is through a spell book. Because it’s something I’ve not played about with yet and it scares me!

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
"Uses" an item means like, clicked.
I'd suggest just making a spellbook (sorry) for each ring. It isn't all that scary, there's tuts on here about it. Just make min/max spells 12 (Nothing bad will occur!) and add the spells needed then add/remove the book. This way you could totally just remove every book when a player uses a ring without having to make a Power Ring per player.
Plus, the only way to do what you want is a spellbook. You can then disable the spellbook and everything inside would work.

canons200

Reaction score
set cleave as item ability and attached to the RingEquiped (As the action Hero - Create RingEquiped and give it to Hero)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"Uses" an item means like, clicked.
I'd suggest just making a spellbook (sorry) for each ring. It isn't all that scary, there's tuts on here about it. Just make min/max spells 12 (Nothing bad will occur!) and add the spells needed then add/remove the book. This way you could totally just remove every book when a player uses a ring without having to make a Power Ring per player.
Plus, the only way to do what you want is a spellbook. You can then disable the spellbook and everything inside would work.

Thankyou, I thought I had to use a spellbook, was hoping some genius had figured a way around it. But from what you say, it might be a lot more beneficial for me to use a spellbook. +rep

set cleave as item ability and attached to the RingEquiped (As the action Hero - Create RingEquiped and give it to Hero)

The actual ring the hero uses is removed from the game and it's type is stored in RingEquiped. Once a different ring is equiped that one is removed from the game and the last ring is restored. Same for all weapons and armor. It's my own armor/weapons system (Not saying noone has done it before me, I just thought of it myself) and it's very effective :) So the basic way around things doesn't work here :'( +rep for trying though :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.