Color problem :(

johnnymra

Reaction score
Oh man i've been working on this thing for a week now and i can't find a solution... i mean i found the solutions to many problems like a darkness effect... a special vision for certain players... some other effects... but this one bothers me so much. I'm making an effect in my map that at night some players would see very dark (totally black) and only torches or other omnilight sources would help them see... the problem is it was suposed everything to become black but the player color of the hero doesn't :(.
If i let it be normal it would look like this:
View attachment 40110
And i then tried to make the player color black but it becomes an ugly looking grey... like this:
View attachment 40111
I have no idea how to solve this... i mean i tried to use unit models thinking the hero glow was to blame but it seems it happens the same thing... and i wouldn't like to use "no player color" unit models because those in the editor are just fine... i just have to find a way to solve this (And i am TOTALLY SURE that it is possible because i've seen it in a map).

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Code:
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 100.00% transparency

johnnymra

Reaction score
I already thought of that one... it would make the entire unit black... no matter the darkness effect and it would look ugly because when the hero approaches a light source (example: torch) it would still be black...:(
thanks for the reply tough

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
make a trigger that as the unit approaches region that their vertex transparency increases?

johnnymra

Reaction score
tommerbob, yes i did try but as you have seen in the screenshot it becomes a grey color (don't know why) :(

as for your idea, shadow, i don't see your point... i mean my darkness effect appears allover the map and in game some players will put over the map some torches or other light sources... so that at night only what's near those may be seen... yet if i make at night every unit to have the vertex color black... it will make them black even if they approach a torch or something (it will look very weird)...
Your idea would work but i would have to make a triggers that activates itself every second (or even faster) and pick any unit on the map, if that one is in X range of an light source make it's color normal and if it isn't than make it black. This kind of triggers would be to laggy...
Please someone check the map Trap Brawler(get it on hiveworkshop) and use arena number 4 (the one with mountains and rocks)... you will see exactly what i'm tryng to do :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.