General Company, accused as "traitor", will sell Japanese island to China

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Japanese officials and nationalists alike are aghast at the plans of a landholder to sell his island to the Chinese, their concerns made all the more acute by the fact it contains a partially complete military base.

The controversy centers on “Mageshima Island,” an uninhabited 8.2km² island just off Tanegashima Island, at the southern tip of Kyushu and close to Okinawa.

The island’s only claim to fame is that it was apparently named (馬毛島: “horse hair island” – the “hair” here likely referring to “hairy barbarian”) after a horse reared there which was used in the introduction of muskets to Japan by Portuguese missionaries on neighbouring Tanegashima.

It is currently 99.6% owned by an obscure construction firm, “Tateishi Construction Corporation.”

(NSFW Sankaku Forums)

Last edited by a moderator:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Haha this is so funny... this entire things looks like you ripped straight from The Onion or something.

Oh, Sankaku. It might as well have been then.

Varine

Reaction score
Now they can have a military base in China.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
ya, and china can have a base right next to theres using up 99.6% of the land. I am not sure i would feel safe in the japn base.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Doesn't Japan own the airspace and water zones surrounding said island? They could just Embargo it until China gives it to them...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what war will become in the 22nd century. Countries try to buy each other until one country doesnt exist anymore. Power through money.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what war will become in the 22nd century. Countries try to buy each other until one country doesnt exist anymore. Power through money.

In my opinion, it implies that Apple can buy USA. With a treaty.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
That made no sense.
Stretch your mind Varine. I know that thinking is hard to do, but just because you don't understand a joke doesn't mean that other people don't. You are actually only one of many minds in the universe, Sir. A more appropriate response would be "I don't understand" or "what do you mean."

I'll explain it for you.

Now a days, people think of Republicans as synonymous with "big business" and Corporations. The assertion that Apple could buy America is merely light humor. The Notion that Republicans would sell America (or buy America, however you want to think of it) is just more fun-poking.

It was only a joke--A low flying one that flew right over your head.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch your mind Varine. I know that thinking is hard to do, but just because you don't understand a joke doesn't mean that other people don't. You are actually only one of many minds in the universe, Sir. A more appropriate response would be "I don't understand" or "what do you mean."

I'll explain it for you.

Now a days, people think of Republicans as synonymous with "big business" and Corporations. The assertion that Apple could buy America is merely light humor. The Notion that Republicans would sell America (or buy America, however you want to think of it) is just more fun-poking.

It was only a joke--A low flying one that flew right over your head.
HOW DARE YOU MAKING JOKES!!111! YOU CLEARLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS FORUM WORKS!!!1111elevenoneeleven!

Varine

Reaction score
That's funny. Where's Varine's retort?

Here. Varine was busy today, at work, trying to get the job done today. Anyway I was there for like 16 hours today and have to go back tomorrow morning so me just stating a general opinion on the matter will have to suffice because I'm tired and don't want to think about it right now. Do you know being tired means Dan? Probably not... we'll have to start at the basics and get you a job first.

Anyway, little joke for a little man, let him try to be a dick I don't care right now. I'm sore and want to chill for the hour or so I have before I go to bed and do it again tomorrow so we can get this job done. And by the way Danny boy, your joke still sucks, and your explanation just made it even worse because it's still incredibly stupid, but to expect something much more would probably be optimistic to the point of idiocy on my part... It would have sufficed to say "It was a joke" considering how often I recall you bitching about me being a ass, but hey, you're obviously above the concept of double standards so it's okay for you to just ignore what you preach.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.