Comtemporary Terrain, Take a look, say what think.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
>Yeah great job... btw in first post u said blizard dont allow big wc3 maps ? so what is limit of space?

Answered below ^^

>I think maps with size somewhere between 4-6mb are not allowed on Battle.Net, but in single player there are no limits (i think).

Above 4mb I think is not allowed on bnet.

>I've seen singleplayer maps of almost 100 mb, but over LAN or battle.net it's a 4mb maximum.

Extreme campaigns can become around 100mb. however doesn't LAN allow 4mb > maps?

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
LAN and B.net both only allow less than 4mb (3.99mb max). I know because I do a lot of internet testing.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
>LAN and B.net both only allow less than 4mb (3.99mb max). I know because I do a lot of internet testing.
Ok, then I'll just have to keep it nder 4mb ;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update, added a new screenshot.

It's of the hospital I'm building, as said by ppd "And of course, you must have the cliche hospital level"

And so it shall be ;) Im making it an walk in so when your character is under the roof of it you see inside. Which I think is an great addition to all well terrained maps ^^

PS: Gonna make the cornerstones of the hopital brighter.

Anything.

Reaction score
Great use of doodads, but this isn't exactly a new concept. Innovative fence making.

The first building looks great. The only criticism I can give is to maybe darken the ground tile color because it's way too bright for the building itself.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
>Great use of doodads, but this isn't exactly a new concept. Innovative fence making.

The first building looks great. The only criticism I can give is to maybe darken the ground tile color because it's way too bright for the building itself.

Thx an no, it is not a new concept ;)
The tiles are darker ingame or more like with proper game-camera view the linear fog reaches longer and darkens the ground ;)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
haha looks like we are in competition (sort of). I am currently working on a hospital doodad for a zombie-siege map... but I'm doing it via the opposite method you decribed. I'm using gmax to make a custom building but I am using only ingame textures. My model is kind of the feature/main terrain of my map tho. Heres a pic -

HOSPITAL.jpg

So far I have only finished the front wall of the first level's main entrance :( seems your method is less time consuming lol

your terrain looks cool, we need more people building modern day settings for war3 imo

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
your model looks sweet ;D

I might even take up medeling using as few polys possible and only ingame textures, it should down import sizes alot, as I've noticed some models are only at sizes as big as 7kb.

And thx for compliment on terrain ;)

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I'd love to see this completed, If only the original rural zombie onslaught had terrain like this, it'd have been SO much better. :eek:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
>Wery nice!
Thank mate :)

>I'd love to see this completed, If only the original rural zombie onslaught had terrain like this, it'd have been SO much better.

Never played that map :) but thanks, and I hope to have it completed asap, as I wanna start doing the triggers ;D got so many ideas in my head that I want to realise.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update!

Hospital done (check bottom of spoiler in 1st post), will add some stuff in front later on.
It turned out pretty good in my opinion, what do you think thehelperforummembers?

F

Federation

It fits well but that thing on the model's eye looks out of place.

BTW: The depression he is standing on looking unnatural

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
It fits well but that thing on the model's eye looks out of place.

BTW: The depression he is standing on looking unnatural

Not my model and it's the best I could find, and I cant edit models :)

The question was in this case not regarding the terrain but about the UI ;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Any one that has any comments about the UI?

Would really like some feedback on it.

F

Federation

it looks nice however you might want to darken it a bit. It is a bit of a mismatch with the dark mood of the terrain

on a side note: GIMME!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
>it looks nice however you might want to darken it a bit. It is a bit of a mismatch with the dark mood of the terrain

Yah I'm gonna make a more soft border around it all so the transfer between UI and gameplay get more sweet.

>on a side note: GIMME!

;D;D;D;D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.