Concept of Tactical Summoner Wars Gameplay!

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Please rate or fix this concept and I would like to know who would like to help me make this concept into an awesome reality?

I have experience in a lot of areas including graphic design, game development, project directing and have made many maps (started back in SC).​

2vt85kw.png

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds good, however when thinking about summoners i would merely prefer beast, creatures and elementals instead of axemen, swordsmen or horseman.

believe it or not but not long ago i had an idea for a map which is very similar to yours, there is just a tiny difference. i was really loling when i read about you posting my (guess yours as well) idea here xD.

other then that you might try to explain those violet dots labeled as "spawns" on the image as well.
are they creep spawning locations? player start positions? something else?

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Thanks.

@accname Yes, I used those names just as a general reference so everyone knows what I'm talking about. Of course, they would be more customized than just "axeman".

That's funny, did you have a thread too?

The spawns are player starting locations.

@ psi, good question, maybe you would be a spirit and you'll be automatically move ordered to the nearest Resurrection stone you visited. If you have not visited any, game over :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no, decided not to upload this project yet. right now i am working on another project, kind of RTS game.
but it would most probably become my next main project.

if you want to know i could explain it to you.

i have a question about your game though:
is every player able to train the same units or are there kind of different "races"?

a possibility could be that the troops you are able to summon depend on some factors like captured gold mines (like capturing a castle which is a place of interest but allows you to train human swordmen) or abilitys/alignments of your caster.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Well if your next main project will be similar, we might as well make it together?

Yes that's something to think about the races. In HoMM you start off with a race and your race units are unique and balanced like it is in War3. I think that it's better to go that way instead of making it so that you get different units from a captured gold mine because it'll confuse things since you are supposed to summon the units.

So your race you start with has units that are counter-able like proposed and each has a unique ability that they can automatically use.
In HoMM, you need to make buildings in your castle to be able to access new units.

Maybe instead of that, in this, your hero has to have a specific level of a unit to access the better units. So for the 11 spaces in a spellbook, 5 could be the counterable units, the other 5 could be the 2nd tier up, and the last unit could be the one accessable only if you are holding the Relic.

Another thing is that it will get tedious if you need to click on a icon spellbook to summon units in the midst of battle, so probably there needs to be a mechanism that disables the summoning of units during battle.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I'm free again.

Need opinions / suggestions on the concept and maybe people who are interested in joining the team to make this.

Lehona

Reaction score
I really like the concept :>

And if you got the motivation to do this I may help you - if I don't have to be creative or do the balance, I really suck at these aspects of mapmaking x]

And I'm not a pro in JASS, but good enough to do some things actually :D
And I want to extend my JASS-Skills anyway, so why not join your team?

If you got no offense - you got a PN with contact-informations ;)

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
This is a good idea. It would be awesome if I could help.

I can do balancing/vJASS/terraining. PM me if you want me to help.

Dyslexia://

Reaction score
Well for one thing:
Spears > Swords > Axes > Spears is like from Fire Emblem, a summoner bring up the image of a powerful warlock who summons elemental beings into this plane and wrecks havoc in his path. It would also look 'cooler' if you had glowing elementals duking each other out rather than having some footmen attacking grunts. Just an opinion.

I sorta thought out a way to do that 'Summon and have the units Follow you and do whatever you do.' thing, along with captureing relics and stuff, so if you ever run into problems I could help. Same with unit creation, terriening... etc.
But I'm only proposing an offer to HELP, not to create. I have exams, if you do need something small like the entire map to be terreined, then you can PM me with details such as tileset and stuff like that.

5 Minutes seem too long, make it 3. Everyone would be then desperate to take down 'the guy' in middle.
Gl hf with your map.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Well for one thing:
Spears > Swords > Axes > Spears is like from Fire Emblem, a summoner bring up the image of a powerful warlock who summons elemental beings into this plane and wrecks havoc in his path. It would also look 'cooler' if you had glowing elementals duking each other out rather than having some footmen attacking grunts. Just an opinion.

I sorta thought out a way to do that 'Summon and have the units Follow you and do whatever you do.' thing, along with captureing relics and stuff, so if you ever run into problems I could help. Same with unit creation, terriening... etc.
But I'm only proposing an offer to HELP, not to create. I have exams, if you do need something small like the entire map to be terreined, then you can PM me with details such as tileset and stuff like that.

5 Minutes seem too long, make it 3. Everyone would be then desperate to take down 'the guy' in middle.
Gl hf with your map.

5 minutes actually seems fine to me if you take in account that the map isn't small, and that the relic-carrier can easily run and fight off single-enemies by himself.

Though, in team-play games, the time should be more like 10 minutes...

But fuck all that, be a smart person and let the host configure that, together with some other game settings, such as time-to-capture-mines, income-rating, as well as team-setups.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Thanks all for the helpful posts. I pmed you cookie.

We'll see and dont forget the units are levelable through your hero so they wont just look ordinary forever.

I have an idea about the army. Its like they will do whatever your hero does and they will stay at like 300 range forward from the hero and it would be awesome if we can trigger it somehow to make formations changeable for more of a tactical gameplay. (I have no clue how to do this)

I got an idea that instead of starting alignments it'll be different classes of heroes like you can be a Fighter, Archer, Mage , etc etc.

Possibly the units you can recruit are more interested in joining your cause if your class is liked by them, and the world interaction would change accordingly too.

But fuck all that, be a smart person and let the host configure that, together with some other game settings, such as time-to-capture-mines, income-rating, as well as team-setups.
Yeah that'd be nice :)

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
I got an idea that instead of starting alignments it'll be different classes of heroes like you can be a Fighter, Archer, Mage , etc etc.

Possibly the units you can recruit are more interested in joining your cause if your class is liked by them, and the world interaction would change accordingly too.

You have to really, really, really watch out with that, as it tends to lower the possibilities of customization, which causes the game to lose it's replay value.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
What do you mean by that?
So you would prefer to have multiple races instead of just hero difference?
It's possible but it'll take a much longer time to develop the map.
I think as it is the customization is already pretty high so it wont be a problem.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
No, I mean the concept of improving a specific unit for specific heroes. If the bonus (or possibly price reduction) is too high, then you will be forced to depend on them.

I don't think I need to mention that it also allows experienced players to predict the winner at the start of team games, simply by judging what heroes people have picked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.