Cone Of Cold WoW ability (+rep)

mippy9

Reaction score
what i want to do is make an ability create a special effect like say 45 degrees to 135 degrees infront of caster and aslso do damage from 45 to 135 degrees in front of caster.

Fluffball

Reaction score
I can't think of any effect that looks like Cone of Cold, but you can extract the Cone of Cold WoW ability, or make you're own.

mippy9

Reaction score
yeh dw bout the special effect i just found one, but i just wanna know how to do damage in like a 45 degree to 135 degree spot infront of me. Or would i just be able to do that by using breath of fire ability?

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Maybe creating a dummy with the model of Frost Bolt model (located in Abilities) or Breathe of Fire and add a Kaboom-type spell and order it to damage the place you are sending it at? Dummy will be better because you can set its movement and angle in a custom way.

Edit: You can also set a variable to define the degree-point, through the point with polar offset function. where you can add degrees.

mippy9

Reaction score
mm k so dont use triggers? cause what i want it to do is have the special effect start at the caster and damage up to like say 300 distance from degrees 45 to 135 if u didnt understand what i meant.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
To order a dummy unit damaging a point means that you will trigger it. Maybe like this:
Set point = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 175.00 degrees) (Like this, it isn't the answer, but this is how you gonna make it i guess) or maybe try the "For each Integer A from 45 to 135" set the point i explained

mippy9

Reaction score
im starting to ge what u mean. if someone could make the actual trigger though that would be a huge help and +rep

A

AlexBomb

mm,I had made a similar ability like yours before,it is also a wow ability----Dragon Breath.
My opinion is Breath of Fire has an area(from 45 degrees to 135 degrees) effection in front of the caster.
Well,you just need catch all the units which have the buff of Breath of Fire,then order your dummy do some special effection (such as Nova ect..) to them.

I think this would be an easy way.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Do you want it to be an area that gets bigger like this

Code:
\         /
 \       /
  \     /
   \   /
     x

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Use neutral passive hero Brewmaster' s base ability , he has ability called Breath of Fire, change its missile art with Cone of Cold by Pyritie. Give credits to model creator if you use it in your map. Import that model to your map and change damage and ability description.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I thought there is already a Cone of Frost spell in normal melee? I remember seeing it once...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.