Constantly Restarting

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
With OS doesn't need to work for it be secondary. I would just transfer what she needs off of it and reformat.

Already what I did.

The one in my moms PC didn't have a working Windows install, so I tried to repair, got a nogo on that.

Got a new hdd, tried to install windows on it on her pc, nogo on that.

Put it in mine, installed fine ( this was simply a test to see if it worked or not ).

I know how to fix most problems guys, and I'm aware of what to do and not to do, I've just never encountered this problem before and have no clue where to go with this current problem.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
That's weird. So your drive worked fine but the others didn't? Never seen that before either.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Nonono. xD
I put the HDD that failed in hers into my computer and the installed it on mine and it worked.

It boils down to her mobo or cpu is bad, because you can't do anything with her pc, at all. The HDD's work fine in my computer though.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Go buy a new CPU and mobo, if it works with the new CPU then you're good. If it doesn't then try new mobo w/ old cpu. If that doesn't work then we know the problem. You can just return anything you bought, most places will give a full refund if returned in 30 days.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
A virus can't harm hardware. When it can it will also be able to affect us.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
It can't? Really? Every such incident led to protective measures being added to one place or another.

Other famous examples being destroyed monitors (pre-multisync era) or, more recently, password-protected harddisks.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yes, but now a days I'm pretty sure they cant really mess with any hardware other than the HDDs.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
According to my personal experience, this is an OS problem.. Ever tried repairing the system using an XP disc??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.