[Contest] Speed Mapping

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
After our harsh and fast competition only few managed to cope with such amazing task* and they are (In submitting order):
  1. Hjalle
    [*]Demonwrath
    [*]Halo_king116
    [*]Twyddli
    [*]FKNCrazy
*Their submitted maps can be found for easy downloading under my post.

Only five brave souls out of twenty, not bad :p Some comments from participants
Hjalle said:
Well, since i didn't have enough time, i'll post it anyway...
Demonwrath said:
my map is oh...it's say no where close to being finished
Halo_king116 said:
Oh god, it's closing in.
Halo_king116 said:
Oh god. Here I go.
There I go. I did it. Last. Possible. Minute.
Twyddli said:
It's very unfinished
FKNCrazy said:
Oh btw do i get an extra point for having furbolgs lol?

Thanks goes to all who kept this thread active and made this competition what it is - excellent. I really admire that you all where so optimistically disposed about this.
Stay tuned for winners of very first: "'Speed Mapping' contest Thehelper.net has hosted." :cool:

NOTE: If I didn' t attached your submitted map tell me (If you managed to submit it before dead-line.)

Attachments

• [Contest] Hjalle's Mini Singleplayer RPG v0.1.w3x
    112 KB · Views: 235
  • Speed[Contest]byDemonwrath.w3x
    163.2 KB · Views: 234
  • SMC Entry-006byHalo_king116.w3x
    97.3 KB · Views: 243
  • SpeedMapByTwyddli.w3x
    135.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Speed Mapping ContestByFKNCrazy.w3x
    162.6 KB · Views: 226

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Will there be another one? I would join if i had time and it wasn't an RPG :p

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Okay...so when will we get the scores for all our unfinished maps? :p

esb

Reaction score
who knows
Stay tuned for winners of very first: "'Speed Mapping' contest Thehelper.net has hosted."

H

Hjalle

Since we had 3 days to make the map, i think its not more than right that they MAX have 3 days to rate them :D

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
FKNCrazy, I think I opened yours and saw some leaks when I looked at two of the triggers (Is yours the one with the cathredal?)

Anyways, I have never made an RPG before. Looking at mine you could probably tell that. ( I secretly suck at mapping, shh ;) )

Well, I hope I am here for the results. In 13 hours I leave for camp, for two weeks.

Have a good one. :)

F

FKNCrazy

Lol, yeah, i've never made an RPG before either, and yeah i really cbf to fix leaks, i havn't looked at yours yet though. The cathedral was only dodgey 'cos the map size was to small :/. Oh btw does anyone know any way to change the cliff types?
>Youz da only mod that uses GUI and sucks
He uses GUI? Sweet, now to find out if the other 2 people used GUI or JASS. I would of tried JASS but i can't trigger that well in it yet :/.
Omg i just realised my map is 1kb under being the highest map size.
Edited this post 3 times now.

F

FKNCrazy

Rofl, was just looking at Halo's map and i didn't notice the giant penguin for like 5 minutes and i was looking right at it lol!
>Everyone used GUI.
Like everyone used the village tileset to :O.
Demonwrath nice terraining, cept everything was so level, shoulda added some hills and stuff, and im pretty sure graveyards aint usually diseased and got blight in them. But it looks way better then mine lol. (I suck at terraining)

Weyrling

Reaction score
I dropped out of the contest because I don't like single player maps, and I didn't want to make an RPG.

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>im pretty sure graveyards aint usually diseased and got blight in them

Well that is a trigger I actually never got around to doing. In my map, where I got to was unfortunately only about half of my maps entire storyline XD

Basically what I was going to do was in the graveyard you were gonna get a bunch of reinforcements and a new hero XD.

So lets see....undead....graveyard...sounds blight fitting :p

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Yes, I use GUI. And no, I am not a mod. But lets stay away from me, and more about the maps.

Did anyone like mine? I spent too much time on the cinematics, and not enough on the hero. I like how he levels off of the first battle perfectly, but I noticed that the experience gain is a little... Terrible.

I wish I had time to test the maps of you, my fellow competitors, but I am leaving tomorrow so I am trying to finish up some things.

Was a very good competition, I enjoyed it because it was a speed mapping contest - Against you all I wouldn't have done well at all, had it been a full contest. But being we had little time, I did okay, actually getting a few quests in the end. :p

Hopefully there will be a number 2. :)

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>Hopefully there will be a number 2.

If there is, maybe they should give us 4 days to make the map :p

esb

Reaction score
4 days sounds good, but 5 days sounds better, but then 5 probably wouldn't be speed mapping...

I didn't finish this one (Probably many others too) because it was SinglePlayer RPG

C

ChuckNorris9

hey, i am a noob but i will join, but i have a question! can i use the free trigger code fourm?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.