[Contest] Tower Contest - Winner Announced

Reaction score
Mine has three triggers, everyone of them is easily modifiable, but rather limited as the max size of arrays is kinda low.

As if the map has 10 players, each has 50 of my towers..

10*50 = 500
8192/500 = is about.. 15.8 or so..

So the maximum for one unit array thing would be around 15..

Reaction score
Yeap.. I limited structure arrays to 10. So there won't be any problems with them. Even if some structure wasn't destroyed, it wouldn't cause serious problems in the codes.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Sorry, I am out of this contest.
No excuses:eek:
Why dont you guys stop "bump" this thread with these useless posts? Jesus...And yes I am out, I do not need to tell you guys why I am out, therefore "no excuses"...

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Come on people at least try. Im not eve half done i have a Linkin park concert, Piano lesson(hate them >.<) Dinner to make, money to make,AND IM A NOOB AT WE. And im still gonna finish! COME ON!

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
lol this reminds me of the Speed Mapping Contest i was in :p

just don't take that long to grade Ghan! XD

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I made my tower in an afternoon, and updated it in another afternoon. :p

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Ya I know, it doesn't take long to make these towers :p

You just need an idea to roll with XD

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I thought of the idea randomly, made it in about 30 min, made the map and the spawns n stuff in another 30 min, then got bored n doodled with the map for about an hour and added sounds and upgrades to the tower,felt like makeing them be stackable, etc. and then posted it with a screenshot..

Reaction score
I suppose next day is still a day when we can do this. I couldn't make the trigger done today.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Mine has three triggers, everyone of them is easily modifiable, but rather limited as the max size of arrays is kinda low.

As if the map has 10 players, each has 50 of my towers..

10*50 = 500
8192/500 = is about.. 15.8 or so..

So the maximum for one unit array thing would be around 15..

It actually is 16.38 or somewhat like that. Thus you will have 16. And I don't really understand what you're meaning...
16 fields per unit?
And what do you need 16 fields per unit for?

And yes my tower wouldn't have taken that long either but I simply had to go to the other habitation ( from where I am just typing this message, fyi ) where I got only my laptop that runs SuSE linux 10.2 as OS and thus cannot handle DirectX ( damned Microsoft... ). I did not know that I'ld have to go here over the weekend, but things turned a bit today - thus I got exactly... Hmm.... I need to think... Ah yes, exactly 0 minutes and 0 seconds for my tower to spend ; )

But here was my idea ( fyi ): Making a battleships TD with all towers representing an item
I figured out to use 3.5b as base for my weapons, and I wanted to include combines ( yep tower combines, but both towers are changed to another - yet combining costs much more ;D )
Attacking creeps are simply battleships units - more and more. And it would be a two team TD with empire upgrades (that the empire upgrades itself after each level, increasing hp, speed and defense of the creeps and hp, regeneration and defense of the towers. ). And whereas at the beginning only rowboats are spawned, they change slowly to battleships and then to cruisers.
I'll make a complete one in a few months ;P

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Well, i actually had to much time left... so i did it :>
even if its crappy ;)

Attachments

• TowerContest Entry.w3x
    22 KB · Views: 168

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Also, Ghan. Tomorrow is the last day, right?

Yes. I will start grading tomorrow. Make sure you have them in by then.

> Will you tell us who has won by then, or does the rating start tomorrow?

I will grade each section and post the results. That way, you can easily see who is in the lead after each section. I'll probably have the grades done relatively quickly.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
-.- not midnight of tomorrow?

Ill see what if I can rush my tower in, but I'm going somewhere all tonight and I've still got a 2 fairly simple things to do and an annoying bug to shoot.

Its Saturday, so make sure you don't wake up till about noon. XD

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> not midnight of tomorrow?

Do teachers want the assignment at the end of the day? :p Nope, I will post to announce that I will not be taking any further submissions. And then I will start grading. Barring all emergency OMG, WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE circumstances, I will have the first category graded in, I would guess, half an hour. I'm not planning on making you guys wait. But, I can't be 100% unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Crap well im screwed. Could i turn in like a little late and not be able to win just to see how i did?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.